The Sr. Project Manager will independently lead Sales and Integrated Technology highly strategic projects from conception to execution, including gathering of business and system requirements, development and maintenance of a project plan, conducting status meetings and developing status reports, driving stakeholder buy-in and assisting with change control. In addition, the Sr. Project Manager will serve as a business area liaison to understand the functions of that area and act as a primary contact for managing new project requests. This role will drive all communication efforts between the Strategic Planning and Analytics team and business leaders and utilizes existing project management templates and customizes these templates as needed to ensure timely and effective execution of the sales strategy. The CDW Senior Project Manager acts as project advocate ensuring success for all stakeholders by driving for results, making the tough call, and building strong relationships with project stakeholders.
- Successfully manages projects consisting of multiple solution areas adhering to CDW’s project management methodology. Ensures that business needs as well as technical needs are met.
- Looks for processes to improve, both from the customer and sale enablement aspect.
- Validates initial project scope and estimates.
- Identifies and successfully mitigates project, political and business risks keeping stakeholders informed.
- Establishes, monitors, adjusts and communicates tasks and associated schedule to the Sales, Integrated Technology, and Sales Enablement teams. Builds project schedules in conjunction with our sales teams, leadership and Sales Enablement.
- Proactively conducts resource planning and optimizing schedules, monitoring and adjusting assignments as necessary.
- Finds creative solutions to resource constraints.
- Identifies, documents, tracks and communicates issues, and aids in bringing to resolution.
- Documents outcomes and lessons learned and shares appropriately within leadership and key stakeholders.
- Instills trust within Sales and Integrated Technology stakeholders by building strong relationships.
- Leverages business acumen as well as relevant personnel and CDW experience to build credibility.
- Leads teams to consistently meet project success factors and exceed sales expectations.
- Inspects delegated tasks to insure timely and accurate completion.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices through research, conferences, training seminars and participation in professional associations. Shares information across teams.
- Continually evaluates and refines CDW’s Engagement methodology, templates, tools and supporting materials.
- Establishes and owns all communication documentation (communication plans, schedules/timelines, status reports, quality plan, risk plan, etc.). Manages the quality and delivery of documentation to sales.
- Communicates all aspects of projects to the appropriate stakeholders utilizing communication plan template(s).
- Has clear and concise communication. Leads and facilitates both live and virtual meetings. Keeps meetings on track, on topic and summarizes assigns and publishes follow up items in a timely manner.
- Adapts communication style and medium to the audience needs. Recognizes when communication efforts are ineffective and adapts tactics and/or medium as necessary.
- Effectively prepares and delivers difficult information. Can credibly communicate complex topics to stakeholders and build consensus.
- Anticipates needs, communicates potential solutions. Conveys CDW experiences and positive outcomes to build sales confidence and instill trust.
- Manages Stakeholders: Proactively identifies and manages stakeholders. Validates sales, business and technical success, factors and expectations and articulates to project stakeholders. Dedicated to meeting or exceeding stakeholder expectations.
- Negotiates changes around scope and effort to agreeable result with a sense of urgency. Understands the broader context of sales relationship when negotiating. Seeks input/collaborates with Sales and Integrated Technology when necessary. Identifies outside influences that will impact project and negotiates with those parties.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Works with team members to gather information and determine possible/probable impacts to the project, document mitigation steps taken in troubleshooting and communicate these to the team and customer.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business\Economics, or a related field – or demonstrated, equivalent/practical knowledge or experience
- 6 years Project Management Experience, including evaluation and estimation of high-risk initiatives, working under project management methodology
- Three or more years’ experience in leading significant mainstream and emerging technologies with both standard and non- standard offeringsRequired Qualifications
- Contribute to project manager knowledge base to aid in improving project management processes.
- Demonstrated ability take accountability for projects and their results, be fiscally responsible and lead teams to meet project success factors.
- Working knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies proficiency with tools such as Microsoft Project/Office
- Ability to leverage business acumen, political savvy, relevant personal and CDW experience, perseverance and communication skills to build credibility.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective. Credibly communicates complex topics to stakeholders. Anticipates sales or project needs and communicate potential solutions.
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Six Sigma Certification
- PMP certification preferred.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.