The Proposal Writer – Service Now Solutions will manage solution development for proposals. This includes various technology solutions that consist of multiple hardware and software components, with a focus on ServiceNow solutions. Collaboration with multiple groups within the company will be critical as well as working with external partners. The focus will be on drafting content that can be tailored to a specific opportunity as well as boilerplate material for our document repository. Working under tight timelines and adhering to deadlines will be critical to the success of this position.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Advise on system components to assess and design the solution.
- Identify stakeholders and partner with internal technical teams including the ServiceNow Solutions team to ensure compliant solution development.
- Identify complex problems in written material in order to develop alternatives, evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Analyze RFx requirements including Performance Work Statements (PWS) and related materials as part of writing assignments
- Write strategic customer facing RFPs / plans inclusive of project management, training, quality assurance, implementation timelines needed.
- Establish strong relationships with SMEs for ongoing partnership on complex technical concept.
- Prepare customer-facing presentations for BAFOs, oral presentations, as required.
- Maintain and meet deliverable schedules. Must be proactive in obtaining information from multiple internal and external teams.
- Engage service teams and maintain professional certification levels to be familiar with current and emerging technologies.
- Communicate with all internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare complete documentation for ServiceNow concepts, technologies and methodologies such as: IT Service Management, IT Operations Management, Customer Service Management, and HR Service Delivery
- Ability to document technical ServiceNow solutions
- Undertake special projects as requested by management
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5 years of experience working as a technical proposal writer responding to Government and/or Commercial solicitations
- Technical Solution knowledge of ITSM, ITOM, SecOps and CSM
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Power Point and Visio
Other Required Qualifications
- Proficient experience working on network systems and a successful history of participation in IT projects
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to change while meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and write about complex topics.
- Strong attention to detail, including grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Highly organized with the ability to independently prioritize
- Must be able to meet multiple project deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure compliance with all RFP requirements
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Flexibility to work off hours and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Strong understanding of ServiceNow platform capabilities and business solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of solutions, including but not limited to IT Service Management, IT Operations Management, IT Business Management, IT Asset Management,DevOps, Security Operations, Governance, Risk, and Compliance, Telecommunications Service Operations Management and Operational Technology Management
- ServiceNow certifications, CSA, CAD. CIS. CTA, CMA
- Engineering background and/or experience with IT sales
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.