The Manager, Network Engineering oversees the administration, planning, design, implementation, organization and operation of CDW’s internal IT network infrastructure. This role analyzes the needs of departments and establishes priorities for CDW’s global networks.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide leadership to individuals on a Network Team through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Provide technical and project leadership, systems expansions recommendations that scale as needed, upgrades and validation of hardware and software ensuring the most effective use of equipment and human resources.
- Negotiate and procure hardware and software from multiple vendors for new implementations and upgrades.
- Provide insight into technical designs to ensure solutions developed are consistent with strategic business plans.
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with departmental goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Assess performance, maximize productivity, develop training programs and provide growth paths.
- Provide regular status reports on team and environment performance to direct leadership.
- Serve as the point of escalation for critical problem resolution.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- 7 years relevant experience in Network Engineering.
- 5 years of experience leading, coaching or mentoring others.
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and motivate others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Advanced knowledge of networking concepts.
- Experience managing network infrastructure both in on-premise and cloud/hosted environments.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility to work off hours and weekend as business dictates.
- Previous organizational management experience in a large-scale network environment.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.