Are you looking to gain experience in the Industrial Engineering field with a Fortune 200 company? CDW is the "real world" experience you're looking for. We want fresh, ambitious minds to work (and play) with some of the smartest and most creative people in their fields.
As an intern with the Configurations Industrial Engineering team, you will work on high-quality projects where you will gain valuable experience while delivering work that makes a difference. In this position, you will assist our Industrial Engineer group in collecting and analyzing process data with the goal of improving Configuration Services productivity without sacrificing quality or safety. This is a 'hands on' position where you will gain real world experience utilizing continuous improvement techniques in one of the leading information technological solutions companies alongside our highly skilled and certified technicians. We strive to provide our interns a meaningful experience and consider CDW for a full-time career post-graduation.
What you’ll do:
• Work with the Configurations team to identify and implement productivity, cost savings, and/or automation opportunities and improvements
• Work closely with Industrial Engineers to modify or create standard work / standing operating procedures
• Participate and contribute to continuous improvement events (Kaizen)
• Engage the Process Engineer and other SMEs to address quality concerns
• Develop documentation and controls to ensure long term sustainability of improvements
• Attend meetings with leadership team, reporting out on assigned tasks
• Provide support for ongoing and new Industrial Engineer projects
The 2022 Summer Internship Program begins Tuesday, May 31st and ends Friday, August 5th. This internship requires the intern to be in the office 5 days per week.
What we’re looking for:
• Currently enrolled undergraduate students with a graduation date of December 2022 or May 2023 majoring in industrial/manufacturing engineering, supply chain or other degrees with lean courses
• Adept in root cause analysis and investigating process controls and methodology
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Self-motivated and results-driven individual who will make an impact while utilizing strong written and verbal skills to communicate effectively
• Team oriented and able to develop positive relationships with coworkers and other partners involved
• Strong presentation skills, including ability to develop and deliver presentations
• Microsoft Office skills including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, and Word
• Availability to work a 40-hour week within standard business hours throughout the summer
• Authorization to work in the US; without sponsorship as a full-time coworker
Our interview process:
After you submit your application, you will receive an email inviting you to complete our on demand HireVue digital interview. The HireVue interview can be completed by webcam, smartphone, tablet, or anything with a forward-facing video camera. Once completed, your interview is shared with the CDW hiring team. Your HireVue is for our eyes only; your recruiter and the team you are applying to join will be the only people to view it. Be yourself, relax and have fun with it. We thank you for your patience during our review of your application/digital interview and will be in-touch with next steps in the process.
Bring your best true self and your best ideas to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving and better solutions for our customers. You’ll be trusted to do your job in an environment that is energetic.
From teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together, and we always have your back. You’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with.
CDW is a place where we aspire every day to be better than we were yesterday.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers.
Awards and recognitions:
• #161 on the Fortune 500 list
• 2021 Insider Pro and Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT
• 2021 Glassdoor Best Places to Work
• 2021 Best Companies for Women by Fairygodboss
CDW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [email protected]
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.