As a member of our ServiceNow Solutions organization, the Solution Architect position is a technical role responsible for providing guidance and consulting on client facing solutions leveraging the ServiceNow platform. The Solution Architect contributes to the structuring and implementation of solutions and takes overall ownership for the quality of the technical requirements delivered to the customer on the ServiceNow platform.
As a member of our ServiceNow Solutions organization, the Managed Services Solution Architect manages the delivery of the technical aspects of Managed Service to their assigned clients.
When required, lead the technical on-boarding efforts with new clients to understand their current processes and platform configurations. Responsible for leading the Technical Consultants and/or Developers to deliver services in compliance with customer contracts, service level agreements, and industry best-practices. Ensure quality of the work delivered by the technical team and serve as escalation point for client concerns. Identify and implement technical team process efficiencies to benefit both the technical team and the clients.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Serve as primary technical point-of-contact for projects and as the face of the development team to the customer
- Define, at an architectural and design level of detail, technical solutions aligned with our client’s business problems and ServiceNow Implementation Best Practices
- Understand customer requirements, translate to solutions, and communicate to clients
- Write/estimate Stories, monitor Developer’s work, and own overall quality and delivery of development; may perform a portion of development on Stories that cannot be delegated
- Responsible for Sprint demos and delivery of additional development artifacts, documentation, and knowledge transfer activities if purchased by the client
- Work collaboratively with the Program Manager to monitor for scope creep and resolve critical path technical issues and challenges
- Help mentor Developers and Technical Consultants in relation to technical design standards and implementation of best practices
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the ServiceNow platform and products via webinars, case study, training, and all other resources available
- Perform research into technology partner or other vendor solutions in context of client requirements for integration
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Delivery Services processes as well as the maturing of the different portfolios, capabilities, expertise, and best practices in consideration of customer needs and requirements
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the team
- Ensure all time is recorded accurately and keep calendar up-to-date with scheduled activities
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- 5+ years working on the ServiceNow platform
- Proven consulting experience as a key technical resource leading the development and delivery of ITSM solutions in client environments
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- ServiceNow Pre-Sales Accreditations in all product lines
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA)
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist for ITSM (CIS-ITSM)
- Experience in up to three of the following product lines: CSM, ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, and Performance Analytics.
- Experience with upgrading the platform.
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS
- Experience with scripting in the ServiceNow platform using JS: Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Actions, UI Pages, Angular JS, Jelly, etc.
- Experience using the Agile/Scrum methodology, leading scrum teams, leading backlog grooming, etc.
- Active listening skills, respecting others' point of view and takes ownership of contributing the required input while demonstrating strong communication skills (written, interpersonal, and presentational)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing assistance in solving business processes and/or technical problems and relay that in English and not just IT jargon
- Proven team player with demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- History of successfully coordinating complex projects with multiple facets and stakeholders
- Solid attention to detail and a penchant for accuracy
- Excellent analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to understand data finding to draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated accountability for delivery against business goals and objectives
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and supports our brand promise and guarantee to always “make it right”
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Experience in the following product lines: HR, SecOps, GRC and Software Asset Mgmt.
- ServiceNow Certified application Developer (CAD)
- Experience speaking with both business and technical customers at all levels
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.