The Business Development Specialist – Network Solutions will serve as a key point of contact for the Small Business Segment and key partner contacts aligned to Small Business. This role will be responsible for working with the CDW Small Business team (including Account Representatives/Managers, Business Development Managers and ITS SB resources), to develop pipeline and facilitate sales using strong partner alignment to deliver the best solution for the customer while maintaining profitability.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and manage a territory sales strategy (geography and/or market segment) to meet or exceed bookings targets.
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly sales forecasting and visibility activity by keeping a current pipeline using forecasting tools.
- Collaboratively work with Partner Resources, Account Representatives/Managers, ITS SB and SB Business Development Managers to identify and facilitate opportunities.
- Work with sales management to identify specific behaviors, knowledge, and skill areas for focus and evaluation for development of the general Account Representative/Manager audience.
- Conduct monthly individual meetings with Small Business Sales and ITS Managers
- Present logical and well-organized arguments, data, and concrete business examples.
- Clearly explain relevant facts, effectively distinguish Network solutions offerings from competitors, offer network product configuration / pricing / program assistance, and present a well-prepared compelling case to the customer for purchase of network solutions.
- Attain quarterly and annual sales quota.
- Conduct high level conversations and training presentations.
- Consistently build and deliver on account and opportunity pipeline.
- Follow-up on and qualify leads.
- Generate new business opportunities to grow pipeline.
- Identify key decision makers and manage the sales process.
- Negotiate pricing and incentive programs and facilitate business.
- Proactively call into established targeted accounts.
- Increase rapid acceptance of Netwrok solutions through:
- Developing a thorough understanding of the portfolio.
- Defining and articulating a strategy and solution by customer or vertical.
- Partnering with other teams to align horizontal solutions with key accounts.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- 2 years of experience with strategic account planning and consultative sale
Other Required Qualifications
- Proven track record of organically growing white space
- History of facilitating larger sales solutions over 25k in revenue
- Proven Customer and level interaction skills required
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills in executive and informal settings required
- Must be knowledgeable or have some related experience in the technical industry
- Able to communicate technical concepts and business solutions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interact with senior level management levels.
- Ability to craft comprehensive data center solutions and to articulate business benefits of those solutions
- Experience in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Network solutions configuration tools
- Motivated seller with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time
- Ability to communicate with individuals effectively utilizing a telephone
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% as needed to other CDW locations, meeting and client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Industry standard server and storage Certifications (server plus /storage plus)
- Successful completion of a recognized formal sales training program(s)
- Knowledge of CDW business model
- Knowledge of CDW ordering process
- Knowledge of Network Solutions ordering process
- Current Network solutions Certifications
- Knowledge of Network Solutions portfolio
- Knowledge of strategic use of Leasing for large purchases
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.