The Tax Accountant will participate in all facets of the income tax function and will be expected to work independently to execute against assigned responsibilities and detailed work plans. The Tax Accountant will also be responsible for developing relationships with coworkers outside of the Tax Department to keep abreast of changes to our business.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare work papers to support the quarterly and annual tax provision.
- Prepare work papers to support Federal and State income tax returns.
- Gather information in response to information requests from Federal, State and local taxing authorities.
- Research tax issues as required.
- Assist with implementing process improvements initiatives.
- Independently prepare book-tax difference supporting work papers in compliance with Federal income tax laws and regulations for the quarterly and annual tax provision.
- Participate in the complete process of preparing the Federal income tax return including independently completing applicable Federal income tax return Forms, statements and elections.
- Prepare and analyze tax depreciation reports to ensure the appropriate tax methods have been applied to current year additions. Prepare a reconciliation that compares the net book value and the net tax value and reconcile the differences in net values to the inventory of deferred tax balances.
- Participate in the State income tax compliance process by independently preparing a complete state income tax return including preparing related work papers the support the amounts on the state income tax return.
- Gather and prepare state apportionment data and ensure compliance with state apportionment rules for all states in which the CDW files returns.
- Assist with Federal, State and local income tax examinations by gathering relevant supporting documentation and drafting complete and well thought out responses to audit inquiries.
- Prepare foreign bank account reporting.
- Assist with the configuration of CDW’s tax systems in order to efficiently transfer tax data between financial accounting and tax applications in order to reduce provision and compliance cycle times.
- Independently research tax issues and provide memorandum containing analysis, conclusions and recommendations to management.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance or a related field, OR
- High School Diploma and 4 years of tax experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including state government representatives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven organization skills with critical attention to detail.
- Experience with Peoplesoft and OneSource Tax Provision, OneSource Income Tax and
OneSource State Apportionment applications.
- Experience working in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department.
- CPA or advanced degree in accounting/tax.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.