Field Solution Architects (FSA) are the technical evangelists for a practice area. The Field Solution Architect role will apply the necessary solution breadth to support our sales teams in the pursuit of strategic opportunities within their territory. In addition, the Field Solution Architect role fosters relationships within our strategic partners to position our solutions and services as industry leading. The FSA is a field-based technical presales role. They are expected to spend the majority of their time with CDW customers and sales teams.
The Field Solution Architect – Cisco Software role (aka Business Development Architect) is responsible for driving sales growth in Cisco Software sales with Subject Matter Expertise on Cisco Enterprise Agreements and lifecycle-based selling. This role focuses on Cisco EA ‘go to market’ development; enablement of the CDW sales and architecture teams; and EA opportunity engagement.
The incumbent primarily works with key partner resources and CDW sales teams to develop pipeline and facilitate sales using sales campaigns and partner programs to deliver the best solutions for the customers. Additionally, this role directly engages with customers to evaluate and present on the value of the Cisco software buying programs and CDW Amplified Services/Customer Experience capabilities by providing guidance and thought leadership to maximize software procurement benefits.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- As the Field Solution Architect, you will develop a sales plan within your market.
- Develop and execute an annual sales training plan.
- Assist with establishing the sales team relationship with Cisco.
- Assist with account planning.
- Participate in pipeline and forecasting reviews.
- Assist with local demand generation campaigns and events.
- Conduct customer visits.
- Coordinate engagement of solution-focused FSAs or Inside Solution Architects (ISAs) on qualified opportunities.
- Sales Support: Develop and execute a Cisco EA sales training plan.
- Coordinate and contribute to development of accurate statements of work and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Assist with development and execution of sales campaigns and events.
- Deliver presentations and demos to customers as part of developing the opportunity from qualified to solution.
- Coordinate engagement of solution-focused FSA or ISA as part of developing the opportunity from solution to close.
- Drive services revenue, gross profit and growth metrics.
- Utilize standard reporting, tools and processes to measure and manage the business.
- Accelerate the CDW execution of Cisco software growth related activities by creating and executing sales enablement programs
- Partner with key CDW resources to develop best-in-industry GTM strategies and processes in the selling and transacting of Cisco software
- Lead partner buying program related ‘pilots’ and subsequent roll-outs to impacted resources
- Facilitate the collection and sharing of feedback on buying programs and related processes to ensure continuous improvement
- Work with sales management to identify specific behaviors, knowledge, and skill areas for focus and evaluation for development of the general Account Manager audience
- Partner with channel and vendor resources on program changes, as well as, remaining current on programs and incentives
- Advise account teams on strategies and positioning to specific customers based on experience, best practices and particular account situations
- Build and document standard methodologies, deal structures, and key customer insights
- Research and review customer profile information; apply knowledge of the vertical to develop customer intimacy prior to sales calls and/or strategy sessions
- Articulate CDW’s CX value proposition and provide an audience-centric version of the value proposition to customers, account managers, and partners and use it to generate additional revenue opportunities for CDW
- Develop and utilize financial tools showcasing to customers the return on investment and/or total costs of ownership
- Clearly explain relevant facts, effectively distinguish Cisco offerings from competitors
- Provide Cisco Enterprise Agreement pricing guidance and program assistance
- Present a well-prepared and compelling case to customers for purchase of Cisco software solutions
- Escalation resource for buying program related transaction issues for CDW resources
- Assist with Cisco EA True Forward process by researching customer scenarios to provide proper pricing and customer impact summaries as well as escalation support
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, a related technical degree or equivalent
- Minimum five years experience in services sales or consulting or equivalent
- Solution Selling Experience: Proven success with enterprise customers, working knowledge of solution-selling strategies and tactics and business value selling.
- Account Management and Prioritization Excellence: Demonstrated strategic time management and multitasking skills. Effectively accelerates opportunity pipeline with predictable business results that exceed revenue targets.
- Able to handle many projects / customer engagements simultaneously
- Able to identify and focus on priorities while appropriately setting expectations with customers, colleagues and manager
- Communication excellence through written and oral communications using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Sales Teamwork: High degree of collaboration with multiple sales personnel, as well as key partner stakeholders. Involve appropriate resources to ensure win and success of projects. Demonstrate judgment in the engagement of those resources
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration with virtual teams, cross-functional groups and with complex problems to solve
- Experience providing project oversight, management, technical leadership or engineer mentoring
- Demonstrated intellectual property development. For example, whitepapers, template deliverables, solutions, case studies, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Advanced level technical certifications or equivalent
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.