Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G will be supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas.
The BMC Configuration Management Developer must have experience with ARS/ITSM system administration and troubleshooting, CMDB normalization and reconciliation from discovered sources such as ADDM.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for creating, facilitating, controlling, reporting, documenting and improving both Service Catalog and Service Request Management processes in support of an Enterprise IT Shared Services environment for a Federal department.
- Facilitate catalog and request management related meetings and improvement initiatives and provide documented status.
- Work with ITSM program office to ensure data gathered is consistent with overall program requirements.
- Configuration Manager will be responsible for implementing, configuring and maintaining all BMC Remedy Atrium CMDB (Configuration Management Database) processes, work instructions and activities. This will be done in compliance with the information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) V3 framework.
- This role owns the Remedy Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and works with the Customers to define and implement all mechanisms needed to ensure full control of the customer's Configurable Items.
- Maintain precise documentation and accurate usage of the CMDB.
- Assist in defining and registering of configuration items (CIs); the appropriate level of attributes, and relationships required to support BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) processes.
- Enact system audit practices and conduct audits to ensure data integrity.
- Reconcile the CMDB data when exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative production data repositories.
- Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data.
- Ability to develop SQL queries and reports for management on KPIs to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy.
- Integrates/supports the Remedy ITSM System Administration Team.
- Produce and execute a plan for implementing the Configuration Management processes using BMC Atrium CMDB. Recommend robust configuration management procedures and standards for using BMC Atrium/CMDB.
- Ensure ITSM and CMDB alignment with ITIL v3/ ITIL v4 framework. Communicate CMDB activities to enhance general awareness of processes and standards.
Must Have Skills:
- Experience with BMC Atrium, BMC AR System, and BMC Remedy ITSM 9.1 or later or a similar industry solution
- Familiar with any of the following: discovery products including Microsoft SCCM, BMC Software Asset Management; reconciliation of discovery data in BMC CMDB environment; and integration of discovery solutions with CMDB or a similar industry solution.
- Knowledge of MS SQL, query-writing, reporting tools (ie: Crystal Reports, BIRT, or a similar industry solution) relational databases.
- Active Secret Government Security clearance
- Active CompTia Security + Certification
Nice to have
- ITIL v3/ Itilv4 Certification
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.