Focal Point Academy is on a mission to build better, faster, more agile cyber security teams through intense, hands on education and enablement. We build teams to meet the cyber challenges and realities of the modern world - teams that have the skills to identify threats in real time, the knowledge to reverse engineer attacks, and the experience to prevent them from happening again. These are services that FPA is currently providing to some of the most elite Cyber Security teams in the world.
The Federal Business Development Manager is responsible for driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration in US Federal Agencies. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive engagement at the senior leader level as well as with technical team mangers. They should be a self-starter who is ready to develop and execute an account acquisition plan and consistently deliver on revenue targets. The position reports to the Director of Federal Strategy.
- Drive revenue and contract growth
- Build and maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Effectively apply a solution-based sales approach
- Develop and execute a comprehensive account plan
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Building relationships with current customers as well as business development to open new strategic accounts Find creative ways to introduce integrated solutions into existing customer base
- Communicate effectively to command level leadership
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around Cyber Workforce Development solutions
- Create compelling proposals
- Manage contract negotiations
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Represents Focal Point Academy at professional networking events
- Forges relationships with "cold” accounts.
- Completes all sales status updates, reports and other administrative deliverables.
- A minimum of 7+ of relevant technology related sales experience, preferably in the IT, Cyber Security, or Corporate Training arenas
- 5+ years’ experience selling to the Federal and/or Systems Integrator sectors
- Prefer Experience identifying, developing and negotiating large-scale technology deals
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
- DoD combat support agency, military service branches, and combatant command experience preferred
- Ability to take personal ownership of professional goals and achieve clear monthly, quarterly, and annual targets, specifically including.
- Strong ambition and charismatic sense of urgency.
- Ability to create and drive Federal contract opportunities.
- Energetic networker and relationship-builder.
- Ability to work with and effectively coordinate across extended internal teams.
- Excellent, professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Salesforce and Data.com or similar experience
- Bachelor of Arts or Science or equivalent work experience required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Data.com and other sales tools.
- Software or solutions-based sales, technology risk consulting sales, or IT security sales process preferred
- Strong technical understanding of sales process cycle.
Travel Required: Moderate travel required
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.