The Data Science and Analytics COE is responsible for leading the creation and development of the overall strategy and direction of data science and advanced analytics at CDW – including ensuring continuity and seamless extension of existing programs, the development of a short- and long-term vision and roadmap, and defining and institutionalizing the role that data and analytics play throughout the organization as the fuel that drives and shapes CDW’s priorities and serves as an accelerant for CDW’s progress.
The Sr Data Scientist is a key player on the Data Science & Analytics team. Reporting to the Manager of Data Science, this coworker will ensure that machine learning algorithms and data analytics are implemented appropriately, and the results are compiled into meaningful dashboard and reports and is shared with relevant stakeholders, while being responsible for enabling data science and technology best practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Experimentation: Provide hypothesis and requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms and pipelines.
- Experimentation: Formalize assumptions about how systems are expected to work, create statistical definitions of outliers, and develop methods to systematically identify these outliers. Work out why such examples are outliers and define if any actions are needed.
- Innovation: Continually research and evaluate emerging technologies.
- Innovation: Design and run experiments, research new methods, and find new ways of optimizing risk, profitability, and customer experience to consistently disrupt and deliver in a better way.
- Build and Ops: Develop and implement analytical solutions that the business (as your internal customer), external customers and partners can seamlessly integrate into decision making.
- Build and Ops: Ability to problem solve and constantly explore customer needs to drive towards impactful business outcomes.
- Communication & Strategic Management: Communicate complex ideas clearly and simply in business language. Tell a data story with the aid of data visualization to aid understanding.
- Communication & Strategic Management: Think “beyond the numbers” to deliver business relevant recommendations with audience in mind.
- Communication & Strategic Management: Partner with IT and Commercial teams to execute the data science roadmap.
- Communication & Strategic Management: Serve as a central knowledge center for relevant data science tools and techniques.
- Communication & Strategic Management: Keep current with technical and industry developments.
- Communication & Strategic Management: Present insights and recommendations to audiences at the desired levels of understanding.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a data scientist / Machine Learning expert.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning algorithms, processes, tools and platforms and ML concepts like multilabel classification, personalization, recommender systems, etc.
- Applied machine learning experience on large datasets/sparse data with structured and unstructured data.
- Experience working with Big Data technologies, AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Flume, NoSQL stores (HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB), and RDBMS Oracle is a plus.
- Experience working with web-analytics tools (ex: Google Analytics, Omniture).
- Practical experience with deep learning, neural networks, CNN, RNN, NLP, TensorFlow, keras, random forests, classifiers or Artificial Intelligence and their optimizations for efficient implementation.
- Experience using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience in predictive modeling.
- Passion to evangelize data science, teach others and learn new techniques.
- Expertise in SQL scripting language.
- Proficiency working with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- 2+ years of frequent scripting languages use (Python, R, Jupyter Notebooks, Java, Scala).
- Ability to execute analytical experiments methodically while outputting reproducible research.
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Great communication skills and presentation skills.
- Experience working with cloud-based data warehouses such as Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery.
- Experience with cloud-based personalization and machine-learning applications.
- Experience working for consumer or business-facing digital brands.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.