The Sr. Proposal Specialist focuses on winning the largest, most complex proposal efforts with CDW Digital Velocity Solutions (DVS). This position serves as the central point of strategy and effort for DVS in the pursuit of high visibility contracts deemed critical to the company. The Sr. Proposal Specialist maximizes revenue and profit through strategic wins and sales generated by responses to request for proposal (RFP), request for information (RFI), and request for quotation (RFQ). These are referred to as "Proposal Documents."
The Digital Velocity Solutions (DVS) team within CDW is responsible for selling Digital Transformation services to help customers meet business velocity objectives.Including but not limited to Cloud Native solutions, DevOps/SRE patterns and practices, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and software development
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research the customers and solutions provided by Digital Velocity Solutions to understand the complete environment, limitations, hot points and other factors that will translate to a response that wins.
- Assemble stakeholders (proposal project team) to include senior management from various departments. Identify roles, responsibilities and timelines. With project team, discern strategies and win themes and incorporate into plan.
- Engage necessary resources such as Contract Specialists and Program Managers, and other company departments; engage outside resources such as vendors, partners and customers.
- Own the development of a response strategy. Review final proposals for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate all necessary documentation, including NDAs, Teaming Agreements and pricing letters, which support the offer.
- Prepare professionally written responses to Proposal Documents that specifically address customer requirements while positioning CDW, Digital Velocity Solutions, for success; ensure compliance, accuracy, timeliness and that win-theme is consistent and apparent.
- Lead post-submission exercises such as presentations, clarifications, ‘best and final offers’ and protests, where applicable.
- Document and report on project status including eventual capture information and proper close out of opportunities including proposal debriefing and transition to Program Management, where applicable.
- Lead or participate in weekly discussions to determine work assignments.
- Actively participate in department-sponsored and other training programs as applicable.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- One year as a CDW Proposal Writer I or three years specific proposal writing experience outside of CDW
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with technical services proposals
- Experience with proposals in the following pillars of technology:
- Multi Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Software Defined Infrastructure
- Software Engineering
- Strong attention to detail, deadlines, multiple efforts and follow-up
- Ability to communicate effectively and concise using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret complex statistical data and/or to develop forecasts and computer model
- Strategic thinker able to identify winning themes and solutions
- Project Management skills
- Manage conflicting motivations and agendas among stakeholders
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management; and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% or as needed to other CDW locations, meeting and client sites
- Two years as a CDW Proposal Writer I or five years proposal experience and/or technical writing experience outside CDW
- Professional certifications such as APMP (Association of Proposal Management Professionals) or PMI (Project Management Institute)
- Capture or business development experience
- Demonstrable IT product, contract and customer knowledge
- Proficient in Visio
- Experience with proposal assembly software
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.