The Program Manager (Logistics) is a strong leader with demonstrated project / supply chain management skills and is familiar with the Department of Defense and their area of operations. This PM will work collaboratively with CDW sales teams for projects with customers located Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS). This position will own and coordinate all activities in support of a product/service offering for a client from inception to installation. The PM will also help grow business collaboratively with the sales teams using on-site visits to customers, successful project delivery efforts and deep relationships with our customers’ mission needs. The PM must understand Federal Acquisition Regulations / Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (FAR/DFARs) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITARs) requirements and how this translates to CDW provided equipment / services. This position is remote but requires the ability to maintain a security clearance and the ability to travel to customer overseas locations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee project management and supply chain activities needed to meet program/project requirements for DoD customers in overseas locations. Identify and mitigate program risks as they pertain to meeting project objectives.
- Participates in pre-sales activities to support sales teams, tech leads and services teams.
- Contributes to and reviews Statements of Work.
- Understands the product / solution being proposed by customer.
- Identifies customer logistic requirements for OCONUS locations and applicable legal, regulatory and contractual guidance for those locations.
- Identifies project size, duration and complexity of technology orders for OCONUS customers.
- Creates logistic solutions based on OCONUS location(s) and specific needs of the customer to include FAR / DFAR or ITARs requirements.
- Coordinates with CDW Distribution Center, suppliers and partners to streamline delivery of product offerings for projects and track those items to the customer location.
- Coordinate with suppliers for Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) of product to customer sites.
- Provides weekly status report of orders in progress and provides external communications to customers on a regular basis. Develops internal tracking methods for projects in motion, supplier interactions, and invoices.
- Post award activities include delivery issues, damaged product, warranty items, billing / invoicing resolution.
- Ability to read and interpret Government awarded contracts, identify contract terms and compliance requirements needed for projects; Communicates those needs to internal stakeholders and develops Courses of Action (COAs) to meet those requirements.
- Conducts weekly reviews of projects in motion, develops project scorecards and reviews project timelines.
- Works collaboratively with DoD customers to understand their mission needs and acts as a liaison to sales & services teams for customer needs.
- Develops appropriate documentation (project plan, project schedules, status reports, etc) for projects. Manages the quality and delivery of documentation to customers and stakeholders.
- Coordinates with internal stakeholders (legal, international compliance, sales, services, Product & Partner Management) regularly in execution of program management.
- Owns the change management process on program efforts and initiates new Statements of Work (SOWs) or Change Orders as appropriate.
- Manages risks across program efforts, develops risk management plans and a communication plan for program efforts.
- Problem Solving & Decision-Making skills from the Strategic view to the tactical view of operations for our DoD customer base.
- Instills trust with our customers by building strong relationships and leveraging personal experience to build credibility.
- Leads efforts to continuously contribute and improve our overall project management knowledge base. Develops standards, best practices, job aids and training for team members.
- Has clear and concise communication skills with the ability to lead / facilitate live or virtual meetings. Ideal candidate possesses emotional intelligence and conflict resolution skills.
Minimum Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or logistics /supply chain management field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience in program/project management or logistic operations for the Department of Defense; Knowledge of OCONUS locations and delivery methods to those locations
- Ability to maintain a security clearance
- Ability to travel OCONUS to customer sites as required (up to 25% travel).
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, lead teams, build consensus and recommend business strategies.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate through the Project Management Institute (PMI) preferred or DAWIA equivalent certification
- Lean/Six Sigma Certifications
- Master’s degree in business or logistics / supply chain management field OR 15+ years equivalent experience with DoD logistics operations / projects
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.