The Head of DataOps is a critical role for the Digital Velocity Solutions (DVS) professional services and pre-sales teams. The DVS team within CDW is responsible for selling and delivering Digital Transformation services to help customers meet business velocity objectives. Including but not limited to Cloud Native solutions, DevOps/SRE patterns and practices, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and software development.
The DataOps Practice is responsible for the strategy, go to market, and professional services delivery in emerging and innovative technologies and topics such as data governance, data platform design and implementation, database modernization, data warehouse modernization, and code-based data pipelines. The Head of DataOps will be responsible for the development, growth, and operations of the DataOps practice. Successful candidates will have a deep understanding of agile software development, emerging and traditional data technologies.
The Head of DataOps is expected to provide expertise, guidance, and career development to the delivery resources within their team. He/she is responsible for overseeing the quality of professional services delivery including: SOW review, and approval, engineering utilization, and ensuring a high level of execution on customer engagements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Acquires deep technical depth in their role; Is the "Go To" person for the solution, both technically and strategically; is on the forefront of their solution(s) and the implications for CDW offerings.
- Designs technical solutions not only considering the customer’s infrastructure but also the business limitations and opportunities; operates comfortably beyond standard approaches to satisfy the needs of all the stakeholders.
- Consulting on leading edge technologies and possess deep technical knowledge for a mixture of the following:
- Understanding and experience with major cloud vendors’ data products and solutions.
- Experience with at least one traditional data solution, such as Informatica, Oracle, or equivalent.
- Expertise with MPP data warehouses such as Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, etc.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud or other public cloud platform
- Solid understanding of programming, APIs, SDKs and at least 1 scripting language.
- Solid understanding of Agile, DevOps/SRE practices.
- Solid understanding of cloud native software development patterns; pub/sub, microservices, serverless and containers.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Provides oversight on projects and reviews peer’s designs for quality and accuracy.
- Participates in process improvement activities:
- Ideation of new service engagements to meet market gaps
- Build process delivery documentation, training and/or code frameworks to improve speed and quality of delivery.
- Evangelizes new technologies, processes or patterns and practices internally and externally with customers in the form of webinars or speaking engagements.
- Promotes a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration with team members through mentorship or building knowledge bases.
- Follows up on implemented solutions and identifies new opportunities that complement the work that was completed.
- Advises team members and sales prior to customer calls and/or sales strategy sessions.
- Delivers presentations and conducts sales conversations with confidence and credibility to C-level clients, both in small meeting and large group formats.
- Develops presentation content for the team
- Guides the development and implementation of pre-sales demonstrations
- Manages competing priorities and sets expectations with sales and other stakeholders through proactive communication, planning, and potential for return on investment.
- With the support of Sales Operations and Technical Program Management, monitors the success and execution of each customer engagement
- Interfaces with Sales Operations and Finance to provide visibility to project status and revenue attribution
- Oversees the assignment and utilization of consultants and architects to customer engagements
- Oversees the execution of customer engagements to ensure successful outcomes, and manages customer expectations and satisfaction for their team’s deliverables
- Actively engages in career development and technical development with the consultants and architects within their team
- Maintains a culture of innovation and risk taking
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 year minimum experience in data and analytics, cloud engineering, software engineering
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in specific technology
- Prior experience managing professional services delivery teams
- GCP or other major cloud platform certification
- Container & orchestration tools experience such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Software development experience in NodeJS, Go Lang, or Python
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.