The Senior Data Analyst ensures the integrity, consistency and scalability of CDW’s Product and Partner reporting and provides insightful analysis to support management’s decision making. This role designs and develops reporting, analyses business processes and systems, and aligns projects with the executive strategy to drive performance among coworkers, suppliers and partners.
Sr. Analyst plays an active role in project management, Partner Controllable Margin reporting and drives successful audit compliance.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Produce sound analysis in support of promotions for management and partner decision makers to drive tactical and strategic offer investments and customer-facing objectives.
- Other Responsibilities
- Define and drive centralized partner and product reporting to support various functions including purchasing, promotions, marketing and relations. Coordinate and guide stakeholders through a process of creating reports and data models that successfully address business issues. Provide ongoing support for these reports.
- Serve as the thought leader in an analysis of existing reports, data sources, business processes and initiatives. Identify improvement opportunities and strategies to evolve the current capabilities. Facilitate effective communication with vendors including compliance audits.
- Create standard monthly reports and metrics that can be used to measure Partner Controllable Margin, Partner Designation, and improve overall department efficiency. Provides in-depth analysis of the monthly PCM results.
- Manage portfolio of PPM projects including building a business case, monitoring progress and defining success criteria. Lead special projects from beginning to end with little direction, while navigating throughout CDW, strategically making decisions, and problem solving.
- Establish and maintain data governance processes and strategies to minimize data integrity and business risk.
- Assist with alignment of the technology solutions (Purchasing, E-commerce and Marketing) with PPM business strategies and objectives.
- Identify critical business problems and work with stakeholders to quickly determine the root cause and recommend solutions. Provide tactical analyses and troubleshooting of the business unit’s existing reports and data sources.
- Serve as a conduit / broker for cross-functional collaboration and knowledge sharing. Provide application support to consumers of group’s work product (i.e. MS Excel, SQL, and Pyramid Analytics) as needed.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline (business, statistics, economics, engineering, informatics, or an IT related field) + 4 years of work experience in an analytical role with proven experience in delivery of data driven insights, OR
- 8 years of work experience in an analytical role with proven experience in delivery of data driven insights.
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate information, identify risks and opportunities, while possessing creative problem-solving skills with an understanding of business concepts and models.
- Working knowledge of SQL, MDX, DAX and/or other database query language(s).
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel), and other tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across company and department boundaries at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little direction and make sound business decisions.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to quickly adapt to the changing needs of the business and meet deadlines.
- Graduate degree.
- Proven ability to elicit project and system requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate and lead meetings, tailoring messages to the given audience.
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Qlikview, or PowerBI), VBA, or Python.
- Data warehouse experience.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.