The Senior Commissions Manager will oversee commissions/incentive program processing for all domestic-based commissions plans. This position will work closely in conjunction with the Compensation group, Sales Operations and I.T. in terms of optimizing the overall process for generating commission computations and payments. In particular, this position will focus on process improvement and design and implementation of efficient commissions processing systems utilizing measurement scorecards and best practices techniques.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the processing of sales commissions and other sales incentive compensation payments for all U.S.-based commission plans.
- Partner with IT and Sales to create transformational approaches to streamline and optimize commissions/incentive program processing (people, process and systems opportunities).
- Determine and oversee the accounting for accrued sales commissions based on key operating metrics (sales, gross profit, etc.).
- Develop sales commission program calculation tools and analytics to assist senior leadership with commission program change considerations and justifications, including providing data required to validate changes.
- Provide ongoing communication of commission program changes and updates to the sales force and other key internal stakeholders.
- Partner with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to plan, analyze and forecast commissions.
- Create and deliver reports and executive summaries to communicate commission program information to the leadership team.
- Develop and implement commissions control, audit processes and measurement strategies for ongoing commission plan activities, as well as oversee testing and implementation for new plans.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 years’ experience in finance, operations, operational reporting, or related
- 3 years’ management experience
- Proven experience leading large, complex process transformation and optimization initiatives, along with exposure to project management.
- Experience developing and delivering organizational communications, with heavy focus on effective change management.
- Strong interpersonal, consultative and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with and positively influence all levels of coworkers.
- Strong analytical and reporting capabilities.
- Ability to effectively manage complex processes and systems comprised of large data sets; must be able to synthesize data and form meaningful conclusions.
- Ability to effectively lead, coach, inspire, and develop others.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
- Experience in shared services/sales commissions and incentive processing experience.