The Senior Application Developer develops business software solutions through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. The Senior Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with Lead Application Developers and collaborate with business stakeholders to understand business needs and clarify requirements.
- Develop applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Collaborate with other developers to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Serve as a mentor/technical resource for Application Developers.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis (at minimum).
- Ensure stakeholders are responded to in a timely and professional manner. Foster open lines of communication with all parties.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 7 years Application Development experience, or 5 years CDW Application Development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented design and programming techniques.
- Expertise in creating applications using technologies such as C#, RESTful API, Angular 2+ Framework, SQL Server, MongoDB, Elastic Search, WPF, GIT.
- Advanced experience with multi-threaded applications and services
- Experience with building unit testing.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process and creative problem-problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle: requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Familiar with Agile Development Methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach junior team members.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Experience developing documentation for end users
- Experience with DevExpress
- Expertise in Splunk, Dynatrace, NGINX, XebiaLabs
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.