The Sr Manager is a key position within the Corporate Controller group and will lead CDW’s global consolidation and close process. The role works closely with the financial reporting team, as well as, with other organizational functions, to lead the successful execution of the global consolidation (including CDW UK and Canada operations) on a monthly and quarterly basis.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the team responsible for CDW monthly/quarterly consolidation (in HFM) and oversee day-to-day activities of the global consolidation and the ERP (PeopleSoft).
- Review and approve month-end journal entries, including, but not limited to, intercompany and FX entries, as well as the top-side entries (acquisition accounting related or other one-off transactions)
- Provide oversight of all intercompany transactions and processes, including compliance with intercompany transfer pricing agreements, as well as completeness and accuracy of intercompany accounts.
- Analyzes monthly preliminary financial statements, investigate variances and ensure that all necessary adjusting journal entries are complete by the team.
- Ensure regular review and update of the Chart of Accounts, accounts mapping, and legal entity structure setup. Collaborate with the Financial systems team to ensure that the design/configuration of the financial systems is updated to reflect changing business requirements and system enhancements.
- Own the investigation of key monthly variances and the development of the financial performance “story” for the month; identifies impact of accounting adjustments along with underlying business performance drivers.
- Ensure team’s compliance with all internal control procedures and global accounting policy surrounding the close process, including global compliance with BlackLine reconciliations.
- Support the Company’s internal and external auditors performing control testing, quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
- Develop goals and skills for direct report(s) and provides regular feedback on performance.
- Lead special projects as assigned. Assist in corporate financial initiatives such as acquisitions, system implementations, or integration support.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree either in Finance or Accounting, or another major with CPA
- External candidates: 7+ years of progressive experience including at least 4 years of experience in consolidations
- Internal candidates: 6 years CDW accounting or finance experience.
- Experience overseeing consolidations in a multi-entity and multi-currency organization.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of US GAAP and finance principles and practices
- Strong project management skills. Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines.
- Track record of identifying process improvements, and making appropriate recommendations
- Ability to coach and lead a team of three, as well as represent the department in projects and other initiatives
- Experience in HFM, PeopleSoft, and BlackLine
- Public accounting experience preferred
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.