The Business Development Manager leads, develops, and executes upon strategic plans & selling to uncover and expand business opportunities within NE geographies and Healthcare Vertical for technology solutions and tech staffing resouces. This individual generates new business through various enterprise business development activities including identifying and strategically targeting contracts, mentoring CDW field sales and account management teams, prospecting, networking and building executive-level relationships in targeted customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops and regularly updates formal opportunity review, including but not limited to strategic account plans, capture strategy, win themes, gap analysis and strategy to overcome identified obstacles for target opportunities.
- Presents progress on opportunities and results of efforts to Sales Leaders on a monthly basis.
- Develops relationships with regional field sales and uses those relationships to strengthen CDW’s brand with key customers.
- Analyzes opportunities and provides leadership with various options and the best strategy to secure large opportunity wins
- Works closely with multiple stakeholders at the customer to influence the final requirements of the target opportunity, including executives, program leads, project leads, technical experts and procurement.
- Participates as a subject matter expert in conjunction with sales leaders throughout the proposal process.
- Secures/prepares certain proposal elements.
- Updates and maintains CRM records.
- Represents company at external business networking opportunities, conferences and events.
- Attends customer onsite meetings, business reviews, and industry days, as needed.
- Coordinates with appropriate resources to execute necessary legal and financial agreements, such as NDA’s and Teaming Agreements prior to opportunity fulfillment.
- Assists Program Management and Resourcing team with requisition launch and sales team education for target contracts to maximize sales potential.
- Drives incremental revenue and profit growth through contract wins and strategic sales initiatives.
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business.
- Identifies key contract opportunities and participates in annual planning sessions.
- Articulates value propositions to partners and customers.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience selling technology or staffing to enterprise clients
- 3 year of experience working with enterprise customers on large (250k+) opportunities
- Strong understanding of the staffing and technology market
- Expertise selling advanced technologies, such as modern software development, DevOps Solutions, IaC, Cloud Migrations and Advanced Infrastructure, etc
- Experience working as a strategic overlay for field sales or as enterprise strategic seller to large organizations.
- Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization
- Effective communication skills both oral and written using a variety of styles andtechniques appropriate to the audience
- Applicant should demonstrate solid attention to detail with a penchant to accuracy
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings, and client sites
- 3 years of management experience in the technology or staffing industry
- Wide network of IT contacts
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.