The Category Manager is an individual contributor role that leads the software licensing category management strategy or the contingent labor and managed services category for the Technology VMO group at CDW and be responsible for contributing to the financial and operational vendor management goals as part of CDW’s holistic workforce strategy. The position works with business partners like Legal, Coworker Services, FP&A, Third Party Risk Management, and Security teams regarding category strategy. Additionally, this role is responsible for ensuring stakeholder needs are met through consistent and efficient processes, as well as engaging with external vendors to maximize CDW value.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Mastery of both internal variables (requirements gathering, organizational priorities, etc.) and external variables (market cost drivers, commodity trends, etc.).
- Lead contract negotiations, supplier selection, quarterly business reviews, sourcing strategy, innovation, and collaboration with Technology Procurement, stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Develop and manage supplier scorecards to include metrics to grade product quality, deliverables / milestone attainment, total cost, supplier risks, etc.
- Coordinate with technology teams and partner functions to structure relationships, manage those relationships, and drive accountability with vendors.
- Collaborate with Technology VMO Manager to align category management strategy with the vendor management strategy to deliver cost savings, cost avoidance, and category risk management.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Supply Management, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of category management, vendor management, procurement, contract management, or technology project/program experience.
- Prior experience leading complex cross-functional sourcing teams, end-to-end category strategies, and developing supplier scorecards and KPIs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong people mgmt. skills (managing, motivating & developing others).
- Able to read financials, analyze metrics, and translate into insights.
- Strong category and general procurement background.
- Ability to review and negotiate contracts.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.