Focal Point Academy – a CDW Company, is seeking a skilled and motivated cyber instructor to deliver Palo Alto Network courses in highly virtualized environments. Instructors leverage deep subject matter expertise in relevant technical disciplines to provide a high-quality learning experience for our students. Through their work, the Palo Alto Networks Certified Instructor will empower students to develop and validate their cyber skills creating immediate job and career opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Conducts in person and virtual instructor-led training.
- Accurately identifies skill level of participants and aligns delivery of course material to match individual students’ needs.
- Remains current in all required Palo Alto Training requirements.
- Demonstrates consistent classroom and student management to ensure a positive, successful learning environment.
- Researches future direction of technology relevant to cyber security and incorporates new topics in the development and delivery of cyber content.
- Deploys, maintains, and secures classroom equipment, images, and materials in virtual classrooms or in facilities around the globe.
- Travels to customer training sites both inside and outside the Continental United States.
- Current Palo Alto Networks Certified Security Administrator (PCNSA) and Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) certifications
- Previously completed or willing to complete Palo Alto Networks Instructor Certification Workshop (ICW)
- Previous experience conducting technical training in classrooms or small groups.
- Significant expertise in Cyber Security Operations and expert experience in one or more areas of Cyber Security: Intrusion Detection and Mitigation, Network Defense, Network Traffic Analysis.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Industry Expertise: Advanced subject matter expertise in cyber security consulting and training.
- High Impact presentation: Ability to conduct strong presentations to train and educate students on technical material and applications.
- Manage Learning Environment: Ability to select initial presentation strategies, manage time available for course, facilitates opportunities for learner success, resolver learner behavior problems.
- Learner evaluation performance: Ability to monitor learner progress during instruction, administer tests, evaluate attainment of end-of-course objectives.
- Adult learner principles: Ability to engage learners to identify their learning needs, help trainees set personal learning objectives, assists trainees apply training content to their jobs, creates practice opportunities during the training session.
- Communication Skills: Superior writing and verbal communication skills.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to work with all levels of internal and external clients, from clerks to CEO. Willingness to collaborate with subject matter experts and team members to complete projects and other business deliverables.
- Analytical: Keen sense of analytical skills.
- Problem Solving: Experience with identifying problems and creating proactive steps to resolve the problems in a way that avoids adverse impact of issues.
- Detailed Oriented: Strong attention to deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Accuracy: Ability to deliver projects and all deliverables with the utmost accuracy and attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking: Capable of managing several tasks, projects and client deliverables effectively, efficiently and on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science/Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering or other relevant field, or 5+ years’ equivalent experience.
- Information Security Professional with significant experience and background in cyber security.
- Exceptional, effective classroom communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems including console/terminal usage.
- Proficient TCP/IP networking and networking protocols.
- Due to the extensive classroom training tasks, this role requires extensive experience with successful classroom teaching techniques, delivering technical training for adult learners.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Travel Required: Moderate travel will be required.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.