The Purchasing Supervisor oversees a team of buyers who are responsible for managing supply chain operations within certain product lines. Driving supply chain optimization with our partners and focusing on working capital optimization are key success factors for this position. This position is also responsible for leading, mentoring, training and developing members of the team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage daily inventory to days of supply goals set by management.
- Manage inventory aging goals with the team to optimize working capital with each buyer.
- Manage buy in goals to meet company objectives set by management.
- Manage to purchasing drop ship metrics such as PO cycle times and vendor lead times.
- Collaborate with category teams to understand the revenue and rebate goals, product road maps, and product offers which contribute to financial goals for the category.
- Analyze industry information to identify inventory opportunities and strategies to drive or support revenue and profitability within CDW.
- Build and maintain successful relationships across departments, to drive efficiencies and better serve our customers.
- Manage a team of coworkers, including performance management, coaching and development and annual appraisals.
- Develop and motivate the team to achieve inventory, cost structure, and profitability goals.
- Leverage data analytics to manage and report on inventory goals.
- Identify future needs of supply chain and socialize needs to senior management team.
- Work with assigned distributors to maintain lead times, fill rates and ETA accuracy.
- Coach team members for professional and performance development.
- Extended coverage hours possibly required at key times such as month/quarter ends.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent supply-chain management experience
- 5 years’ experience in supply-chain management or related
Other Required Qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels including Senior Leadership
- History of successfully role modeling and mentoring others
- Demonstrated experience balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to be flexible with the changing needs of the business
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong understanding of the dynamics of cross-functional teams, with the ability to creatively problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated financial and analytical skills
- Successful history of building and maintaining internal and external partner relationships at all levels
- Previous experience working with Power BI or other data analytic tools
- Prior experience managing a team of direct reports
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.