The Hybrid Cloud Engineer engages with clients and internal teams to provide technical engineering activities for Hybrid Cloud projects and solutions. This role is expected to have deep technical knowledge in core areas pertaining to project delivery.
Key areas of responsibility
- Professional services delivery for IGNW/CDW customers globally on major Public Cloud platforms
- Proficient in automation and orchestration technologies, including but not limited to Hashi Terraform and Ansible.
- Execute technical deployment engineering with customers on workload design on major public cloud vendors
- Multi Cloud Consultant - Providing Engineering Services for GCP/Azure/AWS
- Performing Billable work at other IGNW clients (Consulting Engagements)
- Meet Training and certification requirements for selected Vendors (GCP AWS, Azure, Hashicorp, Docker, CKA, Etc)
- Travel estimate up to 25%
- Internal projects when applicable
Education and/or Experience qualifications
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in deployment of private/public cloud solutions
- Knowledge and skill level in identified competencies meet minimum requirements for role
- Previous direct customer consulting experience or equivalent understanding of role responsibilities
- Demonstrated understanding of Terraform/Ansible or equivalent automation technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of public cloud platforms, aware of multi-platform solutions and capabilities
- Highly proficient in at least one public cloud platform
- Proficient in Kubernetes design and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to speak to business value of public cloud solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be able to conduct client facing conversations to drive success in consulting engagements
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills, able to collaborate with delivery engineering teams
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing a job.
- Ability to understand and follow complex instructions and guidelines.
- Public Cloud Certifications: AWS/GCP/Azure
- Additional technology areas and experience: Python, Cloud platform specific automation tooling, additional scripting languages, additional software development languages, data experience, networking experience
- Previous consulting experience
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.