As part of CDW’s Digital Velocity Solutions (DVS) organization, Cloud Engineers engage with clients and internal teams to provide automated, cloud-native pattern solutions primarily to the public cloud service provider, GCP. This role is expected to have deep technical knowledge in core areas pertaining to GCP and cloud-native automation and DevOps solutions.
Key areas of responsibility
- Provide billable professional consulting services to CDW’s clients on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Engineer best practice Infrastructure as Code (IaC) automation solutions for customers leveraging technologies, including, but not limited to, HashiCorp Terraform and Ansible
- Engineer automation solutions with Kubernetes, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Operate as part of a team leveraging agile and scrum methodologies
- Engineering and consulting services around GCP core resources, cloud networking, IAM, etc.
- Meet training and certification requirements (GCP, HashiCorp, CKA, Etc.)
- Travel estimate up to 15%
- Internal projects when applicable
Education and/or Experience qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in deployment of automated private/public cloud solutions
- Knowledge and skill level in identified competencies needed to meet minimum requirements of the role
- Direct customer consulting experience or equivalent understanding of role responsibilities
- Highly proficient in GCP
- Proficient in Terraform or Ansible
- Working knowledge of containers including orchestration with Kubernetes and GKE
- Proficient with GitHub, GitLab, or other git repositories
- Experience with agile development
- Ability to speak to the business value of public cloud solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as role must be able to conduct client-facing conversations to drive success in consulting engagements
- Interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with delivery engineering teams
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize
- Ability to understand and deliver on complex user requirements
- GCP Professional certifications
- Other cloud platform certifications
- HashiCorp certifications
- Experience with multi-cloud and on-prem hybrid solutions
- Additional technology areas and experience: cloud platform-specific automation tooling, additional scripting languages, additional software development languages, data flow, networking, and security experience
- Previous consulting experience
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.