Work in CDW’s Digital Velocity Organization (DVS) as a Contract Analyst. The purpose of this role is to assist Field and HQ-based sales teams and other HQ support functions, complete customer facing contracts for traditional staffing. In doing so, the individual performing this function identifies contractual non-standards based on Company policies, analyzes risks associated with those contractual non-standards, and develops workarounds and plays a key role in contract negotiation. The person performing this role also develops a full understanding of contract language and identifies gaps associated with contractual commitments related to contract service requirements. This individual must have the ability to handle multiple transactions and operate in demanding business environments and timeframes, and the ability to prioritize and manage workload will be at a premium.
Key areas of responsibility
- Assist Field and HQ based sales team(s) with closing staffing opportunities including (85%):
- Review changes to company standard customer agreement. In connection with the requested revisions, review company standard contract policies and engage company internal subject matter experts (as needed) to determine if revisions are acceptable.
- Review customer issued Requests for Proposal (e.g., RFPs, RFQs, etc) to determine the serviceability of the opportunity.
- Provide feedback to salespeople regarding the contractual or service related non-standards according to company contract policies.
- In connection with the customer generated contracts, provide a risk analysis and recommened revisions to bring the customer proposed contract in-line with company contract policies.
- Review temporary staffing contracts.
- Act as a main contact point for contract reviews including the ability to explain feedback from company internal subject matter experts (e.g., Risk Management, Employee Screening, Tax) to the salesperson and company customer.
- The individual in this role must be able to:
- handle multiple assignments at one time;
- balance time sensitive assignments; and
- manage, analyze, and explain feedback from various support departments in a cohesive manner.
- Understand various additional areas impacted by contractual commitments. This understanding will result in a greater understanding of company policies on contractual non-standards. This understanding will lead to development into subject matter expertise and ownership of a particular subject matter area of the contracts team. (15%)
Education and/or Experience qualifications
- BA or BS in Business, Operations Management, Pre-Law, or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience negotiating or contract management experience, particularly in support of sales, is strongly preferred.
- Must be comfortable working in demanding, time-sensitive situations.
- Must be PC literate with strong skills in word processing programs (MS Word preferred).
- Other skills needed include strong communications, problem solving and teamwork skills, and substantial exposure to contracts/project management, customer service, drafting and operations.
- Prefer operational, legal or staffing industry experience.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.