This job posting is no longer active
The security industry is rapidly developing, and innovation is constant. At CDW Focal Point, we pride ourselves on staying ahead of the curve in delivering in-demand and creative solutions to our clients. Our team is looking to develop individuals new to security or security consulting to grow our cloud security and DevSecOps practices. The role includes incredible opportunities for hands-on learning under a supportive leadership team with the intention to transition to a full-time opportunity post-graduation.
We take an alternative approach to career development. We are not looking for years of experience or a deeply technical background. If you are driven to learn, we will support you in developing the necessary skills. That approach is reflected in the responsibilities and required qualifications.
What you'll do:
• Work with customer teams to support the design, deployment and improvement of cloud, network and endpoint security measures.
• Learn directly from industry-leading defensive cyber security experts at CDW Focal Point.
• Optimize customer security platforms to improve operational effectiveness.
• Engage with other CDW Focal Point and customer teams to get and share information to improve processes and security posture.
• Learn about cutting-edge DevSecOps methodologies and modern tooling to secure advanced web applications.
• Document designs, configurations, test plans and other types of technical documentation.
Target start date for this role is June 2022.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Relevant studies in cybersecurity and information technology preferred
Technical Skills & Proficiency:
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill with common security controls such as firewalls and antimalware solutions
• Technical experience with networks, operating systems (i.e., Windows, Linux), applications, etc.
• Working knowledge with common cloud, network and/or endpoint platforms
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in teams
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Working towards a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems
• Cybersecurity certifications desirable
Travel and Location:
• Telecommute available, with travel averaging 50%
Bring your best true self and your best ideas to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving and better solutions for our customers. You’ll be trusted to do your job in an environment that is energetic.
From teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together, and we always have your back. You’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with.
CDW is a place where we aspire every day to be better than we were yesterday.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers.
Awards and recognitions:
• #161 on the Fortune 500 list
• 2021 Insider Pro and Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT
• 2021 Glassdoor Best Places to Work
• 2021 Best Companies for Women by Fairygodboss
CDW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [email protected]
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.