The Network Architect is proficient in and responsible for professional, technical, and systems architecture of CDW’s data network infrastructure (LAN, WAN, and Internet) to support CDW applications. This position will recommend, design, implement, and optimize hardware/software standards company-wide. Responsibilities include coordinating and driving successful implementations with CDW staff and vendor personnel, including contributing to CDW’s network, virtualization, cloud, and application technology strategy. Cross-team technical initiatives and projects are owned by this individual. Owns the resolution of complex problems and serves as an architectural resource for all IT teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensures the protection of CDW’s web presence and transactions across the Internet/intranet as the primary contact to validate and review, analyze, evalute and maintain the organization's network platforms.
- Facilitates collaboration across the organization to direct and better utilize network infrastructure systems.
- Plans, develops and manages CDW’s network infrastructure to enable strategic and effective use of their resources.
- Leads the team to perform complex tasks relating to network operations, installation, and/or maintenance for local, off-site and/or remote locations.
- Manages operations of enterprise network systems to minimizing system downtime and maximizing system performance.
- Leads recommendations on architectural changes and design enhancements to the infrastructure to improve reliability and performance, reduce cost, and anticipate company growth.
- Develops methodologies for analysis, installation, and support quality assurance and testing of infrastructure components.
- Serves as a technical point of reference for and mentor junior engineers.
- Maintains technical architecture documentation for CDW’s network infrastructure.
- Collaborates with business owners to capture IT project requirements.
- Participate in business continuity planning for infrastructure.
- Coordinates with IT Help Desk to communicate issue status and respond to questions.
- Serve as Level 3 escalation for on-call support.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- 10 years in IT Network Engineering, or 10 years CDW Network Engineering experience.
- Expert level knowledge in the principles of Network Technology, including but not limited to Network Strategies, Carrier Offerings Design, VPN solutions and Cisco Platforms.
- Expert level knowledge of Network, Security, Unified Communications and Voice products.
- Expert ability to troubleshoot network, telecommunications and server related problems.
- Integral understanding of Client /Server and Web Application components.
- Proven history of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to relay technical information to a non-technical audience and effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Experience influencing without authority and gaining consensus in diverse environments.
- Solid process documentation skills.
- Ability to both work independently and manage an implementation team.
- Experience providing detailed status and risk indicators to senior management.
- Proven experience coaching and mentoring others.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certifications.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- 10% travel.
- Work additional evening and weekend hours as necessary.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.