In this role, this individual will work to empower CDW’s Education team with data, dashboards and insights. Working across the business unit, this person will work with key stakeholders to understand existing data and uncover additional data needs. As we continue to integrate systems, the Data and Insights Engineer will configure relevant systems to connect with one another and align the data to create dashboards and reports that sit at the core of what we do. By living in the data and surfacing insights, this role will help teams to focus on the right thing, measure their success and pivot when necessary.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work across the business to understand key data needs.
- Acquire and integrate datasets that align with business needs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and management to understand company objectives, clarify business logic and design dashboards that track results and empower teams.
- Connect data systems to our data lake via APIs and bulk updates.
- Ensure data hygiene and compliance with data governance and security policies.
- Proactively investigate data to unearth insights that optimise our impact.
- Work with Internal Systems and Operations teams to ensure processes and data are complimentary.
- Work with Product and Business development to support business case development.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Formal understanding of data analysis techniques and practices.
- Experience working with CRM or marketing systems such as Pipedrive, Drip, HubSpot, or Salesforce experience is a plus.
- You have previously worked effectively with remote, distributed teams.
- 2-3 years of experience creating dashboards and surfacing insights to teams.
- 3-5 years of experience writing queries in languages such as SQL.
- Strong written and verbal communication; able to easily translate complex data findings into clear actionable insights.
- Proficiency in Google Sheets, Docs, and Slides, including significant experience with formulas, pivot tables and vlookups.
- Confident connecting disparate systems via APIs.
- Proficiency in coding languages essential to this job, such as BigQuery, SQL and Python.
- Highly skilled at creating dashboards and data visualisation in tools such as DataStudio and Tableau.
- Ability to understand instructions and manage tasks independently while proactively identifying problems as they arise
- Data architecture experience
- Project Management experience.
- Involvement in an acquisition (or otherwise merging large datasets from different organisations).
- Projects involving public sector data; ideally Education.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.