As a Google Business Dev Specialist, Higher Education, you’ll represent CDW’s Google-related solutions within the higher education market. The role will entail working closely with the CDW Higher Ed account management and with CDW higher ed customers. The role will require you to stay growth-focused, taking initiative, and effectively multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be an advisor and consultant to the customer as you help them effectively utilize Amplified IT, CDW and Google solutions and help them identify new opportunities for leveraging additional resources. Most of all, you’ll need to display our passion for education and technology and building confidence within the customer base.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Take ownership of the designated Higher Education customer base, building tactical relationships, influencing long-term strategic direction, and being a valuable resource.
- Support the Higher Education CDW Account Managers/Sales Representative in demonstrations and presentations and collaborate to surface new opportunities in renewal conversations.
- Develop and implement a strategic account growth plan that focuses on our services, 3rd party tools, and additional solutions users need.
- Execute pipeline-generating activities as needed, including cultivating leads into opportunities, engaging, educating, and ensuring satisfaction of their users.
- Work closely with institutions, CDW and Google on campaigns and strategic opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison with institutions touching base regularly about new product and feature launches, learning opportunities and to collect feedback.
- Liaising with other members of Sales, Marketing, and Management to align strategies aimed at increasing revenue.
- Negotiating and closing business deals that promote sustained revenue.
- Developing client relationships and strengthening industry partnerships.
- Identifying and developing new lines of business based on consumer behavior.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Development or Marketing, or similar.
- You have a minimum of 5 years sales experience in the B2B, public sector or education sales; Higher Education preferred.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience with Google Workspace and/or Google Cloud Platform or similar systems and can articulate the value and best practices for use.
- You are comfortable building relationships with customers and effective at problem solving.
- You have experience working with goals and targets and are successful at completing activities daily to meet them.
- You are comfortable working cross-functionally, internally and externally, toward a strategic plan.
- You are a confident presenter to high-level decision makers.
- You have previously worked effectively with remote, distributed teams.
- Competency in negotiating and closing business deals.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.