The Drop Ship Specialist is responsible for working closely with our vendor partners and our customers in ensuring that all purchase orders are processed in a timely manner and billed correctly to CDW. The Drop Ship Specialist is a buyer on the Drop Ship team and is responsible for negotiating pricing with our vendor partners, buying products for specific lines, providing product requirement guidance to Sales, and following through on fulfillment of each purchase. The Drop Ship Specialist is also responsible for providing guidance and sharing best business practices with the Drop Ship Associates.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain a strong knowledge of CDW product lines as well as the drop ship process
- Establish and maintain vendor partner relationships
- Review and analyze purchase orders for the assigned product lines
- Negotiate pricing with vendors to achieve the best pricing discount
- Qualify or reject all purchase orders with detailed directions
- Work with vendor partners as well as Sales to make necessary changes to purchase orders to fulfill timely requests to our customers
- Understanding the department’s goals and being able to effectively communicate these to our partners and drive change to achieve these goals
- Continually update the status of aging purchase orders and follow up with partners for information on scheduled shipments
- Maintain part # information within CDW database, updating pricing and any additional product line instructions that need to be provided to Sales
- Provide guidance to fellow coworkers and share best business practices
- Explain important internal processes to our vendor partners and Account Managers
- Collaborate with vendor partners to improve the current drop ship process
Other Required Qualifications
- At least 1 year experience as Drop Ship Associate or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.