The Credit Analyst is responsible for reviewing new customers for open account credit terms through an evaluation of a customer’s financial viability. This role determines the credit worthiness of a customer and establishes appropriate payment terms and credit limit for each customer as applicable. Additionally, the Credit Analyst is responsible for reviewing an approved customer’s first purchase order for accuracy and validity.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research and formulate sound credit decisions by utilizing various databases and/or financial statements to determine a customers’ credit worthiness (including internet search to help determine credit worthiness and internal data bases to establish validity of customer).
- Determine and implement appropriate payment terms and credit limit for customers.
- Review customer purchase orders for accuracy and acceptable terms, and credit release orders when appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Collaborate with sales and operations to meet customer requests and effectively negotiate with sales when alternative solutions are needed.
- Up to $500k first order release authority.
- Support CDW Direct & Government accounts.
- Back up New Accounts team and new accounts process, as needed.
- Back up Order Release team to approve pending orders during peak times up to $500k.
- Provides extended hours coverage, as needed, for period ends and specific Partner requirements.
- Assists with onboarding and training of new team members and new Sales Operations team members.
- Ability to make credit decisions independently and consistent with the organization’s risk management strategy.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in Credit, Finance, or related.
- Demonstrated ability to review and understand financial statements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound credit decisions based on financial statement analysis and other sources of credit information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- History of effectively researching and being resourceful.
- Strong analytical skill with critical attention to detail.
- Track record of building rapport and maintaining product working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in an AS400 environment
- 3 years of experience in Credit, Finance, or related.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.