The Business Systems Administrator configures and maintains the enterprise CRM cloud-based software environment by identifying system requirements, configuring the requirements, changes, testing, installing upgrades, and monitoring system performance. This role works closely with the senior systems administrator to configure, test and implement changes to the software. The system admin will ensure maintenance and stability of the environment, and ensure accessibility and functionality for the user base.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with Lead and Senior Application Administrators to understand business needs and clarify requirements.
- Administer/Manage applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Collaborate with other BSA's and Architects to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Provide software Application support of cloud-based software to user base.
- Create testing user scripts.
- Manage cloud-based software changes and upgrades.
- Work with developers, Support Specialist team, the infrastructure team, the IT Service Desk, and/or coworkers as necessary to resolve open issues or research performance problems.
- Secure software system by developing and executing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Participate in planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of new programming; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Participate in the gathering of system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Participate in the analysis and resolution of business needs related to the software application.
- Provide information on monitored performance, major issues, proactive maintenance/repairs needed, etc.
- Communicate with all stakeholders when problems with major systems exist and follow-up once resolved.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Work evening and weekend hours when necessary for installations, implementations, and upgrades.
- Login capability from home to respond to any system-related problem(s).
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical knowledge/experience.
- Demonstrated experience wtih installing and configuring applications following best practices and vendor recommendations.
- Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented design and programming techniques.
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software administration processes and creative problem-problem-solving skills.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Working knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle: requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Working knowledge of 3rd party software packages, PC hardware and software.
- Solid comprehension of networking and connectivity methodologies as they relate to hardware and software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility to work off hours and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Demonstrated process documentation ability.
- Experience with application administration.
- Experience developing documentation for end users.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.