The Senior Network Engineer installs, configures, deploys, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots CDW’s internal network and firewall components to provide a robust network communications platform. Manages, maintains and designs the implementation, capacity planning, and optimization of CDW’s network and firewall infrastructure. This engineer applies expert experience, knowledge and skills to deliver secure, fault tolerant, scalable, and flexible infrastructure for CDW’s operations, supports and troubleshoots network and application problems, coordinates implementations with CDW staff and vendor personnel and is a knowledge resource for other Network Engineers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Plan, designs, and coordinates the applicable components of an enterprise network security system.
- Develops configuration plans for network-based firewall systems.
- Ensures network firewalls are meeting the needs of the program areas as defined.
- Evaluates and recommends enterprise software and hardware for the enterprise’s firewall systems.
- Acts as tier 1 through tier 4 support for all network issues; participates in on-call rotation. Must be available to work frequently during evenings and weekends. Up to 25% domestic and international travel is required.
- Analyzes and resolves applicable hardware software, and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
- Develops and maintains disaster recovery procedures for firewalls and firewall resources.
- Utilizing CDW tools, monitors the firewall platforms to ensure it is properly maintained.
- Works closely with other departments/organizations and collaborates with other IT staff. Provides training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
- Coordinates with management for the acquisition of and contracting for hardware, software, and information technology services (including maintenance) for the network firewalls.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years experience in a technical role
- 3-5 years of firewall experience with Cicso and Pal Alto.
- Network documentation and monitoring tool experience required.
- Experience with change management control tools and policies.
- Certification such as CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), or CCDP (Cisco Certified Design Professional, provided by Cisco or Palo Alto Certification ((PCNSE/PSNSA/PCCSE)).
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years- experience is required with Cisco IOS, VPN Concentrators, Firewalls, Routers, WLAN, Switches, and Load balancers. Strong hands-on knowledge of network/internet protocols/services such as MPLS, VPLS, DS3, T1, GigE, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, DNS, IPSec, and NAT.
- Knowledge of electronic data transmission principles, LAN networks, routing fundamentals, business applications, DMZ design and troubleshooting techniques is essential.
- A College degree in a technical track is preferred
- Familiarity with scripting, deployment, debugging using Terraform
- Microsoft Azure Certification, Cisco Certification is a plus (CCNP, CyberOps, DevNet)
- 8+ years’ experience in a technical engineering role is preferred
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.