CDW’s best in the industry Education Strategists provide the voice of the educator to build deeper relationships with our customers and ensure our sellers understand and effectively communicate the benefits, challenges and impact technology can have in the classroom.
As a K-12 Strategist, you will help our K-12 customers address the key challenges they face in district while relating the ways technology can enhance the experience their teachers and students have in the classroom each day. Our team of Strategists work with both our sellers and our customers to identify ways we can help districts achieve their vision and goals, helping build successful implementation and adoption plans and delivering onsite workshops for district leadership and staff. As an EdTech influencer, you will also have the opportunity to keynote at conferences with your insight on the latest pedagogical topics and technology advances, deepening your network across the Southeast to help improving student learning.
The role is part of a very unique Strategic Programs team at CDW. The role blends connecting needs to solutions through the lens of an educator and a pulse for emerging technologies and the future of education with a sales goal. To put it simply, we’re here to help ensure our sellers understand our customer’s vision and goals as well as they understand the solutions we deliver.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Meet with customers onsite, helping define their mid- and long-term EdTech initiatives, connecting the impact their current EdTech priorities can make on teaching and learning
- Leverage CDW’s direct and partner resources to design sustainable, profitable, and competitive solutions that address K-12 customer needs and maximize ROE (Return on Education)
- Provide proposal content based on a comprehensive understanding of each district’s unique needs and project requirements
- Help districts improve their staff and student experience within their Google for Education ecosystem connecting Amplified IT’s services portfolio with each school’s unique Google services needs
- Be part of CDW’s public image as the most complete technology solutions provider in K-12 market, keynoting at conferences and customer events
- Collaborate with Education Sales management & internal departments on emerging K-12 trends to ensure CDW’s continued role as the industry’s leading IT solutions provider
- Partner with K-12 sellers in meeting business objectives
Key Measures of Success
- Research customer's educational initiatives to deepen K-12 customer relationships with effective, strategic, onsite meetings
- Create deep partnerships with sellers through your expertise of solutions and implementation best practices to drive adoption and improve student outcomes
- Propose new ideas backed by data and insight to management of Education Sales and Strategic Programs to deliver a better customer experience and improve business results
- Help CDW capture market share by working with school districts to grow K-12 business
- Share the impact of your customer engagement with leadership, demonstrating how additional value is delivered in help advance the customer’s mission
- Support of CDW’s Blueprint to Design program with effective consultations on the benefits of transforming learning spaces into modern, flexible environments
- Utilize best practices from internal and external methodologies to differentiate CDW from our competition
- Proactive planning to further develop relationships with state-level influencers and connecting CDW in a way that further positions the company for future success
- Help expand CDW’s 2030 Vision for Education
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years of experience as a top performer working in the Education industry or sales/support organization with increasing responsibilities
- 5+ years of experience with K-12 project management/solution delivery
- Experience in a services delivery model that utilized both direct and third-party delivery
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Travel 50% annually
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Education
- 3+ years of experience in Instructional Technology or Curriculum
- Prior experience working in both a school district and a corporate employer
- Confidence presenting to audiences of 50-200
- A large network of EdTech influencers and district stakeholders across the region
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.