Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The Principal Consultant is a Sirius field resource who uses technical and industry experience to create client value. This role works in collaboration with the sales team to clearly understand client business and technology requirements. Using established solution frameworks, Principal Consultants provide both pre-sales and billable client consulting. They work with Sirius technology teams to craft client solutions and speed time-to-sale by architecting solutions that meet requirements, minimize deployment risk, and enhance client business value. Principal Consultants also provide SME expertise in specific client industries.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership to multiple workstream client programs
- Provide guidance and leadership to technical multi-discipline workstream team members, including delegating technical tasks, and resolving issues
- Participates in or leads Consulting sales efforts inclusive of customer meetings, white board briefing sessions, discovery sessions, workshops, preparing scope and service estimates for client Statements of Work (SOW)
- Leads or participates in Consulting billable engagements
- Works with Client Executives and partners to develop Sirius sales opportunities
- Participates in Consulting engagements as an individual contributor, developing deliverables such as assessments, scorecards, workshops, strategies, roadmaps, IT service roadmap and solution end states in detailed and executive level format
- Other billable activities may include leading security, incident management, service management, DevOps, Cloud, data center, internet of things, digital workspace and other consulting engagements as required. May also assist the Sirius project manager with risk management during service delivery.
- Leads multi-discipline teams and integration efforts across the company in sales and billable engagement efforts
- Develops and delivers research or value-added intellectual collateral to customers and/or Sirius in selected industries or technical disciplines
- Provides technical architecture oversight, design risk mitigation, and/or integration for customer engagements that include multiple integrated practice solutions
- Is recognized within Sirius and by customers for expertise in a selected industry(ies) and IT discipline(s) that fall within Sirius portfolio
- Complies with all-time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets utilization targets
- Training/Certifications: Attends training sessions, and obtains industry related certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least fifteen (15) years of Information Technology work experience with one or more solutions in the Sirius Data Center Transformation services portfolio, including (5) years of experience with large enterprise projects
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated documentation and proposal development skills
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the following discipline:
- Incident Management (BCP/DR), where you will be expected to:
- Be a prescriptive partner in shaping disaster recovery-related tactics, documents, timelines, and coordination for critical operations and services.
- Update, develop where needed, teach, exercise, and maintain an IT disaster recovery plan and associated runbooks.
- Innovate and customize continuity practices to build a strong, collaborative relationship with the customer and Sirius team members.
- Work independently and efficiently on client-driven goals by leading efforts for Disaster Recover processes and plans.
- Provide team leadership for consultants/analysts who may be assigned to this effort.
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in one or more of the following industries:
- Manufacturing Financial Services
- Other Industries considered as well
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of products, services and industry to identify and evaluate client needs and recommend the best solutions
- Proven ability to set standards, targets, measures for products and services based on knowledge of current market trends
- Demonstrated skills in facilitating diverse client and vendor technical resource teams to realize a fully integrated IT service solution
- Demonstrated ability to work with wide variety of client staff including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including effectively communicating one-on-one, and in small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team consulting environment
- Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship
- Proven ability to maintain a large, influential network of contacts with visible industry presence
- More than 15-years of consulting experience
- CBCP or MBCP certification from the Disaster Recovery Institute
- Three years of experience in disaster recovery planning support; including moderate understanding of hardware interdependencies with data and applications; high availability; cloud fundamentals; servers; wide and local networking; and data backup methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
- Pre-sales technical support experience
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.