The Configuration Services Trainer facilitates training and coaching of Technicians on specific developmental skill and strategy sets. This role is involved in designing, developing, and advising for a broad range of technologies and policies across all Configuration Center locations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Facilitate sessions to appropriate workforce audiences which may include, but is not limited to:
- Technology Training to Configuration Center coworkers
- Training and coaching of coworkers on skill and strategy sets
- Maintain “Orientation” and “On Boarding” process and training materials for Configuration Center coworkers
- Manage and conduct trainings on Quality and High Performance Technique processes
- Administer Configuration Center “Self Study Training” program
- Collaborate with the Team on identifying needed trainings related to new technology trends and latest products
- Create and deliver ongoing emerging technology trainings
- Design, develop and deliver instructional materials, performance improvement solutions, change management strategies, and/or technical or sales learning solutions that meet business and stakeholder expectations
- Provide ongoing program and feedback and communication updates to stakeholders
- Develop, manage, and execute project management strategies to ensure effective resource allocation, commitment from project team members, timeliness, and attainment of business requirements
- Utilizes established curriculum and develops new performance enhancing materials
- The general work hours will be 8:00 am to 11:00 pm
- It may be necessary on occasion for this individual to work beyond their regularly scheduled shift
- Overtime is to be expected and in some cases may be required
- Demonstrate ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of force rarely (0-12%% of the workday). The team lift system must be utilized for loads weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Demonstrate ability to push and pull up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (0-33% of the workday), and 51-75 pounds rarely (0-12% of the workday).
- Demonstrate ability to perform eight or more hours of standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping and carrying products in combination at any given time.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment which includes changes in temperature as weather fluctuates, noise from conveyors and forklifts.
- Stand and/or walk in combination for the duration of the workday
- Frequent lifting is required, as well as some stooping, kneeling and crouching
- Complete projects and tasks assigned by management
- Partner with external vendors or contractors to either build or tailoring vendor materials to meet CDW-specific needs when necessary.
- Collaborate cross departmentally to share best practices & support key departmental initiatives. Serve as the subject matter expert to the sales environment.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with ability to demonstrate knowledge
- 3 years of experience in a training or technical configuration area
- A+ certification
- Network+ certification
- 3rd certification (Security +, Linux +, Server +, or comparable certification)
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated facilitation experience with a successful track record of increasing participants knowledge, performance and effectiveness.
- History of designing and evaluating learning and performance improvement solutions.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships cross-functionally.
- Aptitude for new concepts and technologies with the ability to quickly put them into practical use.
- Track record of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Degree focused in Business Administration, Communications, Human Resources, or Organizational Development.
- Technical certifications
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.