Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
This position will be responsible for the accurate customer billing and timely collections of customer accounts and facilitating the resolution of customer billing problems as to expedite cash flow and minimize accounts receivable delinquency. The focus of this position is to act as the single point of contact (SPOC) partnering with sales and other related departments to facilitate the “end-to-end” process for billing, research, credits, rebills, and collections as an integral part of a cohesive team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer Service - both internal and external customers treating both with high importance, respect and understanding
- Process and send customer sales invoices, credit memos, rebills, and adjustments accurately and timely using multiple methods of delivery
- Prepare manual invoices when needed to meet customer needs and create reconciliations to match manual invoice totals to system invoice totals
- Work with Internal Tax team to ensure sales tax on customer invoices is accurate
- Actively pursue tax certificates on customers claiming exempt status
- Work closely with Project Managers, etc. to ensure accurate invoicing to Services customers
- Reconcile and balance customer A/R accounts as credits and/or rebills and ensure payments are applied
- Initiate contact with customers to establish a relationship and to help ensure collection of outstanding accounts receivable in a timely manner improving cash flow
- Support client executives by assisting with client queries and researching various discrepancies and issues regarding client’s account
- Document collection and customer service efforts on an account in an accurate, detailed and timely manner
- Monitor client accounts for credit balances (unapplied cash and credit memos) and resolve by conducting thorough research and processing through to appropriate resolution
- High School Diploma or equivalent, AND at least two years (2) years of work experience in the Technology, Banking, Accounting, or Collections industry, OR
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrates written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to billing and collections (A/R, A/P, cash application, debits, and credits)
- Demonstrates intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Demonstrates knowledge of customer contract agreements, terms, requirements, etc. as they pertain to the invoicing process
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all departments and levels within the company
- Demonstrates ability to learn products and services sold by the company
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of sales tax, as it relates to customer invoices
- Demonstrates research and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to perform computations
- Demonstrates aptitude to learn the company’s processes and applications, including sales, operations, finance and accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finanace Accounting or Business
- Proven customer service experience in a business environment
- Experience working with a large ERP package (FinancialForce, Lawson, SAP, etc.)
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.