Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose of this position is to recruit, retain, and lead a team of Security Solution Architects, in order to achieve annual Security margin, revenue and utilization quotas in an assigned territory. This position will also be responsible for building strong relationships in their region with customers, partners, and account teams that will ultimately lead to increased revenue for the Security practice.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Grow the Business
- Accountable for achieving territory account penetration objectives of Security sales (Security Professional Services, Managed Services, Product and Maintenance) into existing Sirius accounts
- Accountable for achieving annual Security margin, revenue and utilization quotas for assigned territory and Solution Architects (SAs).
- Works closely with Sirius Sales teams to ensure maximization of business potential within accounts and customer satisfaction:
- Consults with clients on change management best practices to enable the successful adoption of technology solutions
- Influences current clients to provide references that can be shared with future clients
- Works with customers to achieve tangible results that significantly impact their business performance
- Provides value added services to the customer:
- Participates in client forums/roundtables/advisory groups
- Leverages diverse expertise across all business areas within Sirius
- Creates solutions with the client that solve the client's business problem(s) by leveraging Sirius’ service catalog
- Participates in overall business planning, bringing current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to the company’s competitive position:
- Aligns the work with Sirius's vision and strategy
- Takes the initiative to provide visible leadership during difficult situations and when obstacles arise
- Is recognized as a thought leader within the company
- Aligns with product and service opportunities
- Stays informed of technology best practices and apply them during solution development
- Takes the lead as a strategy owner or technical owner for a technology solution
- Helps create go to market plans
- Authors and reviews written materials to ensure they are succinct and persuasive
- Provides counsel on critical technology issues to Client Executives
- Accountable for recruiting Solutions Architects (and Coordinators where applicable) for assigned territory
- Partner with VP, Security Operations and Sirius HR recruiting team to identify, screen, interview and hire qualified employees
- Track capacity of SA’s in assigned territory and identify when additional resources are required
Standard Operating Procedures/Pursuit Plan accountability
- Work with each Security SA and Sellers in territory to develop account prioritization and support strategies, maintain and utilize pursuit focus planning.
- Hold assigned SA’s accountable to achieve expectations for Pipeline, 8-8-3, Billable hours, Closed quota
- Manage Presales Hours to margin profitability for assigned SA’s
- Partner Relationship Management – Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners in the territory. Execute/Attend in territory partner events.
- Manage employee development for assigned Solutions Architects in assigned territory
- Draft employee development plans, annual certification assignments and training expectations for assigned SA’s
- Develops and maintains a good working environment for the team:
- Creates a positive impact on Sirius culture through demonstration of values and core competencies
- Supports employee engagement initiatives within Sirius
- Recognizes and rewards individual and team effort
- Supports behaviors that contribute to a constructive culture, recognizing their positive impact on business performance
- Creates an environment of honesty and transparency in order to foster a culture of motivation and support
- Respond to email, phone calls, approve direct reports time cards, expense reports and status reports as required
- Travel to/from clients, corporate events and training
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
- At least eight (8) years experience performing presales and/or billable consulting engagements in the IT Security space, to include at least three (3) years experience leading account teams to deliver Security solutions at clients
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to structure, organize and lead a team of technical personnel
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire and retain technical talent
- Demonstrated track record integrating different vendor offerings to deliver end-to-end technology solutions
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to motivate a team to realize the goals of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across different Lines of Business within the organization and within customers
- Demonstrated ability to understand macro trends in the IT industry and to visualize and capture market transition opportunities
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and ability to delegate when appropriate
- Relevant certifications in appropriate IT Security areas
- Relationships with leading vendors in the IT Security industry
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to manage a team of Architects selling technology solutions to customers, and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites in a region and interact with customers and team members on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.