Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The Sr. Software Solutions Architect for Mainframe Solutions is a client facing, sales/presales professional that works with designated accounts and offers software solutions for Sirius mainframe clients. A Sr. Software Solutions Architect for Mainframe Solutions is responsible for understanding clients’ business requirements as they pertain to Mainframe software, identifying/qualifying opportunities, proposing solutions, and closing transactions that meet the requirements with appropriate software products, including managed and professional services.
This role analyzes the client’s software stack, and builds solutions including, BOMs (Bill of Materials), Product Quotes, Client Proposals, and SOWs (Statement of Work). This role includes customer-facing sales calls and territory travel, as well as closing deals while maximizing profit to Sirius. Lastly, this role requires the person to build and maintain healthy relationships with key business partners (OEMs, subcontractors, service providers) in the assigned regions they support.
The Sr. Software Solutions Architect has deep subject matter expertise of mainframe software solutions, and has complementary expertise across disciplines/architectures (such as Data, Digital solutions, Security, DevOps, and other related enterprise solutions). The architect is an expert in the “Art of the Deal” , sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin. Has a generalized understanding of technology solutions in adjacent LOBs. Sells and positions mainframe consulting, implementation, and managed services, but also understands and advises clients on where other strategic and advisory services fit their needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Client Facing Sales Support – Works with sales account team, interfacing directly with Sirius clients. Builds trusted advisor relationships, understanding clients’ business challenges and proposing solutions
- Create Proposals – Develop BOMs (Bill of Materials), Product Quotes, SOWs (Statements Of Work), LOUs (Letters of Understanding), business cases and RFP responses
- Sales and Market Planning – Work with management and sales teams to develop account plans and sales strategies that will ensure a long-term trusted relationship status
- Partner Relationship Management – Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners in the geography
- Billable Consulting – Sells services as part of client proposals and solutions
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as require
- Training – Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance sales and solution skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least ten (10) years of sales or presales experience selling IBM Mainframe Software Solutions
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales and close business, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin
- Demonstrated ability to apply background and knowledge to business direction by developing offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business
- Proven experience articulating technical viewpoints to diverse audiences, including technical and business decision makers
- Proven ability to evaluate information and make sound risk judgements
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range sales plans and schedules to achieve sales goals
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated leadership, delegation, teaming, and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including formal and informal presentations to large and small audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction
- At least three (5) years of experience in IBM mainframe sales and/or mainframe software sales in a Systems Integrator, OEM, or similar environment
- Three (3) years of combined experience selling mainframe software, including IBM, BMC, CA Technologies, or ASG software
- Four (4) years of experience with Client, OEM or VAR based partner management
- Demonstrated experience in the selling and delivery of multi-million dollar enterprise-size, complex projects
- Experience with mainframe Security, DevOps, Modernization, and hybrid cloud solutions
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide mainframe software and services solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.