This position is part of CDW's Data Center Solutions Practice. We have more than 170 Solution Architects who assist our account team with the solution design, proposal creation and presentation of storage area network and enterprise level data storage design. CDW has partnerships with all major storage vendors including Dell, NetApp, IBM, VMware, Nutanix and Power & Cooling. Dell Technologies is CDW’s largest Storage vendor and is a key partner to our overall success. The Solution Architect Team Lead is responsible for working closely with Solution Architects across CDW to assist with technical design and solution selling. The incumbent in this role also assists with complex solutions and/or deals that identified as critical to the success of the CDW Dell Technologies practice.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drive Dell Technologies Solutions into CDW’s largest accounts.
- Provide SA assistance for Dell strategic accounts at CDW
- Develop key go-to-market materials around the Dell Technologies products and solutions. These would include technical training curricula, presentations, sell sheets, sizing tools, marketing materials and customer deliverables.
- Lead technical Peer Review sessions
- Contribute senior level experience to strategic customer visits
- Develop and conduct technical team training on our strategic solutions
- Assist with new hire mentoring
- Review and validate vendor trainings and materials
- Recommend to management team and other stakeholders new products and solutions the team should focus
- Review existing products and solutions to ensure we’re focusing on the best products for our customers
- Assist with the development of a RFP/RFI process and response development
- Work with our delivery team and focus partners to refine and develop best practices.
- Act as a point of contact to communicate best practices to and from the team.
- Be a subject matter expert about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services
- Maintain credible knowledge of competing technologies and solutions
- Work closely with SA’s and Team Leads from other practices such as VMware to maximize sales and delivery synergies and to enhance strategic CDW offerings utilizing Dell technologies.
- Understand client business drivers and needs.
- Conduct presentations online and in-person to existing and potential customers.
- Facilitate and perform demos for clients.
- Be responsible for maintaining vendor partner relationship, attend trainings and seminars, and keep sales organization updated on market trends and best practices as they relate to Dell solutions.
- Participate in quarterly business reviews with Dell and CDW and provide feedback and advice concerning the strategic direction of Dell sales across CDW, and insight into critical tactical issues that require attention.
- Attend CDW led marketing efforts including manufacturer trade/partner shows, regional technology seminars, and sales events. Provide support with speaking engagements when appropriate.
- 40% Customer Focus/ Driving Dell Solutions
- 20% Development of ISA’s / Deliverable Development (Statement of Work, etc)
- 20% Delivering Presentations at CDW, Vendor, and Industry marketing events
- 10% Activities via conference calls, email, and customer visits
- 10% Personal Development
- Travel as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or the equivalent in experience.
- 3 years experience supporting Dell Technologies
- Ability to travel up to 50% as needed.
Other Required Qualifications
- You must be in your current role for at least 12 months with no formal write ups in the last 6 months
- Proven success in a consulting or pre-sales role
- Thorough knowledge of Dell products and software.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills including consulting skills
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Proven group presentations skills.
- Outgoing personality.
- Motivated and self-starting.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Experience in technology sales
- Higher Level Dell certification(s)
- Experience with converged infrastructure design, flash storage, Hybrid Solutions.
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.