Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose for this position is to design and integrate network-based solutions for the client. This position will require a deep understanding of the underlying technologies available in the Cisco Enterprise Networking ecosystem as well as the ability to position these technologies in a way that is impactful to a business audience. This position may also provide pre-sales support, customer support and direct quality assurance for all projects assigned.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Installs, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots Cisco WLAN and LAN Networking solutions, including but not limited to LAN – Catalyst switches, Wireless LAN (WLAN) – Site Surveys, APs and Controller
- Designs, architects and troubleshoots client WLAN solutions
- Integrates Cisco WLAN and LAN solutions with other Cisco solution, as needed by project requirements (e.g. DNA Center, PRIME, etc.)
- Transfers technical skills and knowledge to client
- Provides research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
- Manages solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables
- Provides project coordination duties for assigned projects to include providing detailed implementation/migration planning to client, knowing and meeting client timetable, coordinating vendor installations, etc. Facilitates communication between project team members. Proactively monitors and reports status of project efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implements corrective actions
- Develops and reviews advanced technical manuals for standard install processes that are directly related to specialization and discipline on the job as needed
- Develops and reviews project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
- At least five (5) years of IT engineering experience dealing with infrastructure solutions in a specified Sirius practice (Networking, Converged Infrastructure/Storage, etc), to include at least five (5) years of work experience in an Engineer, Architect or similar role, with hands-on experience in Cisco route/switch and WLAN.
Other Position Requirements
- Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing WAN & switching strategies
- Experience performing onsite or predictive WLAN surveys with Ekahau Sidekick, or other survey tools
- Experience with protocol stack that includes advanced skills in layer 2/3
- Advanced LAN/WAN design with extensive troubleshooting capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage and escalate technical issues to appropriate vendor support team
- Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee project work activities
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
- Provide technical leadership for networking team
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher certification
- Consulting experience
- Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) experience – Wired and Wireless
- Knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
- Cisco Data Center – Nexus switches,
- Cisco WAN routers, Branch routers and Firewalls – Sourcefire, Firepower, VPNs.
- Digital Network Architecture (DNA and Identity Services Engine
- Demonstrated knowledge of security best practices in networking
- Experience with non-Cisco wireless platforms
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.