Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist I is responsible for obtaining, distributing, and coordinating approvals for invoices and/or expense reports. Based on management approvals and/or purchase order delivery confirmation, the AP Specialist I enters all invoice and credit memo data into the AP system. Invoice entry includes accurate and timely coding of GL/project information and payment terms, and/or line-matching of invoices to purchase order line receipts, and subsequent filing and storage of invoice documents.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures timely and accurate remittance of invoices by:
- Opening mail on a timely basis
- Matching cost to purchase orders and following-up on variances
- Using the chart of accounts for invoice coding
- Disputing charges when applicable, and following up to ensure timely closure
- Contacting vendors and internal customers to clarify questionable invoice items, prices or receiving, and following up to ensure timely resolution
- Prepares spreadsheet analysis of early pay discounts to ensure maximum returns
- Receives and responds to inquiries in a timely manner
- May identify invoices for accrual and assist with the preparation of the accrual journal entry
- Prepares account reconciliations as requested
- Gathers information for supplier, state tax, and other audits
- Other duties and projects as needed to support the team
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least two (2) years experience in:
- High volume accounts payable in a corporate environment, OR
- An administrative or accounting focused role
- Experience with an ERP package (such as Lawson, Salesforce PSA, FinancialForce, SAP, Oracle, or similar)
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting
- Demonstrated ability to perform computations
- Demonstrated experience with intermediate spreadsheet functions, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated data entry and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to business process changes
- College coursework in accounting
- Ariba experience
- PSA system experience
- GL experience
- Subcontractor experience
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.