The Services Specialist provides technology specific support to Solution Architects and Sales by creating Pre Statements of Work (PSOW), managing and communicating project expectationsl. The Service Specialist develops and maintains effective working relationships with sellers, business partner and service delivery team. Provides input relative to customer trends and surfacing market demands.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide pre-sales services support for data center solutions opportunities to Solution Architects and Sales for assigned geographies and segments not limited to server, storage & virtualization.
- Establish & maintain relationships with Solution Architects, technical leads and business partners to build and generate business opportunities.
- Provide appropriate services solutions to support customer’s needs. Communicate with customers and potential customers, create and deliver polished SOWs and quotes; and provide timely and accurate work estimates for customers.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to deliver customized SOWs and provide timely and accurate work estimates. Understand CDW services methodology and the ability to interpret to internal and external customer.
- Participate in internal and external kick off meetings.
- Become an expert on available and applicable data center solutions portfolio.
- Facilitate and/or provide feedback on change order requests.
- Develop trusted partnerships with Solution Architects and Sales to provide services support for Data Center Solutions and related opportunities
- Be responsive to Solution Architects, Sales, and customers
- Facilitate training for sales team
- Management of peer review process for converged technology opportunities
- Provide feedback to management concerning industry trends and opportunities
- Participate in pre-sales activities incuding conference calls, meetings, and emails
- Keep up to date on relevant technology solutions through trainings and personal development
- Participate in team projects and miscellaneous team activities
- Collaborate with CDW delivery team for accuracy of service opportunities
- High School Diploma or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Two years industry experience in a pre-sales or sales consultation role
- Three year experience or a defined type of proficiency with Microsoft Office and computers
- Demonstrated successful track record around data center solutions
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of Server, Storage, Virtualization and understanding of data center inner workings
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Opportunities/pipeline management skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Two years of pre-sales or sales experience
- Associates Degree
- Previous experience in similar role
- Experience in technology and related services sales
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.