Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose for this position is to source and recruit active and passive candidates for technical positions. This position, as part of a technical recruiting team, builds an internal database of qualified candidates for present and future needs. his role will also provide guidance to non-senior recruiters, and may serve as the company’s lead recruiter for a particular practice or function.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Fills open positions and develops a pipeline of talent for future needs by:
- Using advanced sourcing techniques such as but not limited to boolean search techniques, LinkedIn, other social media tools, professional organizations, and personal networking to source passive candidates
- Developing and maintaining a talent pool of passive candidates, entering passive candidate skills and contact information are entered into the designated tool, and maintaining regular contact with qualified passive candidates
- Soliciting employee referrals for positions via phone calls, e-mail communication, and other means, and communicating the benefits of our employee referral program
- Sourcing active candidates by searching internet resume databases, and posting all positions in appropriate venues, including the company Careers site, diversity sites, state workforce agencies, Internet job boards, user groups, professional organizations, and others
- Researching and recommending new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting and new techniques for developing and promoting Sirius’ employer brand.
- Coordinating position requisitions with management, ensuring all openings have appropriate approvals, and are consistent with corporate policy
- Working with management to develop and update accurate job descriptions to be used for recruiting
- Working with HR staff to obtain market compensation data on new or proposed positions
- Reviewing employment applications and evaluating work history, education and training, certifications, job skills and performance, compensation needs, and other qualifications of applicants
- Conducting pre-screening interviews to ensure satisfactory company and position fit
- Referring selected applicants to hiring managers and coordinating phone and in-person interviews, including travel and video conferences as needed
- Conducting regular follow-ups with managers and peer interviewers to gauge the results of interviews, ensure interview feedback is appropriately documented, and drive the next steps in the recruiting process
- Communicating with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads
- Maintaining all pertinent requisition, applicant, and interview data in the appropriate (ATS) applicant tracking system, including final disposition of all candidates
- Promptly notifying applicants who are not selected
- Advising management on compensation and conducting salary negotiations with candidates
- Preparing offer packages and presenting offers to candidates
- Ensuring proper processing of new hire paperwork and assisting as needed in on-boarding of new hires
- Ensuring new hires are appropriately accounted for on internal reports
- Providing accurate new hire data to the Recruiting Coordinator for HRIS system entry
- Providing day-to-day guidance to less senior recruiters
- Actively participating in special projects as needed to support the recruiting team
- Preparing weekly recruiting pipeline reports and/or other reports as requested by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field
- At least seven (7) years full life cycle recruiting experience, to include at least five (5) years of Information Technology recruiting experience
Other Position Requirements
- Experience recruiting for positions that require significant passive candidate sourcing
- Demonstrated computer skills to include ATS experience, MS Office (Word, Excel), and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with hiring managers in a corporate setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with little supervision
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize work to achieve desired recruiting goals, maintaining a sense of urgency
- Experience recruiting for SalesForce, Adobe, and/or DevOps skill sets
- Experience recruiting in a Security Operations Center environment
- Experience recruiting for a Systems Integrator, Managed Services Provider, and/or Consulting company
- Canadian recruiting experience
- Experience recruiting in an OFCCP compliant environment
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide mainframe software and services solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.