The Business Development lead develops and executes upon strategic plans to expand and enhance business opportunities within select agencies or accounts within the assigned business segment “[segment]”. This individual generates new business through various business development activities including identifying and strategically targeting contracts (BPAs, IDIQs, et al), mentoring inside sales and field sales teams prospecting, networking and building executive-level relationships in targeted agencies and their relevant system integration partners.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops and regularly updates formal opportunity review, including but not limited to strategic account plans, capture strategy, win themes, RFP preparation, gap analysis and strategy to overcome identified obstacles for target opportunities. Presents progress on opportunities and results of efforts to Sales Leaders on a monthly basis.
- Develops relationships with regional companies and uses those relationships to strengthen CDW’s brand with key customers
- Analyzes opportunities and provides leadership with various options and the best strategy to secure large program wins.
- Works closely with multiple stakeholders at the customer to influence the final requirements of the target opportunity, including executives, program leads, project leads, technical experts and procurement.
- Works closely with various stakeholders throughout the company including inside sales teams, field sales, sales management, program management, finance, counsel, services team, solution architects, et al. Identifies potential business partners (OEM’s, Primes, Subcontractors, etc.).
- Participates as a subject matter expert in conjunction with sales leaders throughout the proposal process. Secures/prepares certain proposal elements, such as past performance and diverse business inclusion plans, in anticipation of RFP requirements.
- Represents company at external business networking opportunities, conferences and events.
- Attends customer onsite meetings, business reviews, and industry days, as needed.
- Coordinates with appropriate resources to execute necessary legal and financial agreements, such as NDA’s and Teaming Agreements prior to RFP release.
- Assists Program Management team with contract launch and sales team education for target contracts to maximize sales potential and contract utilization.
- Develops partner-facing business plans to secure advantageous pricing or appointment to contracts.
- Drives incremental revenue and profit growth through contract wins and strategic sales initiatives.
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business.
- Identifies key contract opportunities and maintains a 5-year pipeline. Participates in annual planning sessions.
- Articulates value proposition to partners and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of experience selling technology to [segment] clients.
- 1 year of experience working on large contract pursuits.
- Strong understanding of the [segment] market.
Other Required Qualifications
- Experience with Shipley, Miller Heiman or other sales methodologies
- Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility.
- Travel 25%
Other Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ years management experience in the [segment].
- Wide network of IT manufacturer contacts.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.