CDW is a leading provider of Hosting, Shared Infrastructure, and Managed Services. We continue to set the standard for uncompromising customer support and technical leadership, and our offerings provide our customers with complete information technology management solutions.
The Managed Services Solution Architect analyzes customer technical requirements and provides options and recommendations, using CDW service offerings. The Solution Architect provides technical support and assistance with the overall sales strategy for the CDW managed Services practice. This job calls for a broad range of skills, emphasizing in-depth solution knowledge and communication skills. This role calls for a technical, detail oriented, organized, and motivated individual who can multitask and work efficiently within a team.
The Solution Architect works closely with and supports the following teams, channels and constituents, among others groups.
- CDW Managed Services Channel Managers
- CDW Aggregation, Integration & Manages Services (AIM Team)
- CDW Branch Field Sellers
- CDW ISA and FSA Engineers
- CDW Account Management Teams
- Other internal and/or external constituencies as assigned
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist the teams listed above, especially the AIM Team, by providing technical support, solution design, and input to the overall sales strategy.
- Evangelize CDW Managed Service Solutions to CDW coworkers and customers.
- Develop material for proposals and pricing and present to customers.
- Help facilitate the transition to solution implementation.
- Work closely with internal CDW Managed Services, CDW professional Services, and other internal technical teams to ensure all proposed solutions are complete and perform as designed.
- Assist in supporting customers after implementation as new requirements arise. Maintain customer relationships to ensure satisfaction and continually strive to improve those relationships.
- Keep abreast of the products and services, market conditions, and competitive activities.
- Provide input to product development based on feedback from customers, industry trends and market analysis.
- Work with the field sales teams to help ensure our solutions are understood and included with CDW hardware, software, and services proposals. Help the sales teams achieve their assigned revenue and profit objectives.
- Evaluate performance results and make adjustments as needed.
- BS/BA Degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Sales Engineering/Technical Consultant experience in a growth environment with core focus on Data Center and Management technologies
Other Required Qualifications
- Solid understanding of Hosting, Shared Infrastructure, and Managed Services solutions.
- Experience with the technical design of IT systems and networks.
- Experience with Cisco routing, switching, wireless, Unified communications and Collaboration, F5, Riverbed, Microsoft, Azure, NetApp, EMC and IBM, among other key technologies.
- Ability to travel within territory and to customer locations as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Must work well with customers, vendors, CDW coworkers, and management.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.