Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose of the position is to provide support for all escalated incidents and service requests submitted to the Service Desk team. This position will also assist in researching and resolving more complex issues with end-user devices and software by leveraging personal knowledge and skills and/or collaborating with vendor support resources.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides level II support on the Service Desk in regards to the Help Desk Processes (Incident Management, Problem Management, New Hire, Exit Employee, Asset Management, PC Imaging and PC Swap and deskside support)
- Creates documentation relating to Information Technology processes and tools for knowledge base purposes
- Writes and maintains Service Desk procedures and supplies user training materials as needed for IT applications and systems
- Works with software/hardware vendor support to identify and resolve issues
- Works with IT Management and creates and maintains reports related to Incident, Problem and Change management
- Provides packaging, provisioning and deployment of end-user (desktop or virtualized) applications. Works with other members in the IT Department to deploy new processes, tools or upgrades to the IT and business applications as needed.
- Conducts on-the job training for others in the work area
- Maintains corporate security by ensuring only authorized personnel have access to network, systems, or data
- Associates degree in Information Technology or a related field
- At least three (3) years’ experience with help desk operations
Other Position Requirements
- Experience troubleshooting problems with printers, desktops / laptops, Windows desktop operating systems, MS Office, VoIP phones, VPN
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational and follow through skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in handling user requests
- MAC OS experience
- Prior experience in a customer service environment
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Certified Help Desk Professional, MCP, A+, or certificate in related discipline
- JAMF Pro certification or at least 2 years’ experience
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide IT problem resolution to customers and as such requires the ability to work flexible hours.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.