The role of the Advanced Technology Account Executive is to drive product gross profit (GP), service revenue, and Data Center revenue across a balanced portfolio in Advanced Technology Solutions. Develop an understanding and capability to sell CDW Advanced Technology Solutions in key areas including Networking (UC, Wireless, and Contact Center), Advanced Server and Storage Solutions (Virtualization, Optimization), Microsoft, Security, Data Center and Services offerings. Sell the CDW Advanced Technology services engagement methodology will be key to success in selling Advanced Technology Solutions and will lead to success in driving Hardware GP. The ATS Account Executive will coordinate and lead the efforts to develop requirements and deliver customer Statements of Work around all service engagements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Exceed revenue and profit goals on a consistent basis.
- Exceed services sales revenue goals.
- Maintain strong partnerships with specific manufacturing and services partners.
- Increased awareness of CDW's value proposition and total portfolio across assigned accounts.
- Consistently deliver specific Advanced Technology product GP and service revenue attainment.
- Market and sell the entire portfolio of CDW core products and solutions with the inside Account manager sales force.
- Exceed monthly service revenue targets on a consistent basis.
- Assist the region in attaining high services utilization
- Prepare, update, and review a territory business plan semi-annually. Maintain in-depth knowledge of accounts, competition, and partner base.
- Collaborate with peers and manager to refine and execute business development strategies.
- Build working relationships with inside Account Managers and CDW departments such as Program Sales,
- Purchasing and Marketing.
- Lead partner engagement strategies in region based on region's strategic business plan.
- Proactively serve as CDW sales resource and ""how to navigate CDW environment"".
- Engage local vendor field representatives, collaborating sales efforts and partnerships with target accounts including uncovering new account opportunities and secure favorable pricing.
- Develop solid business relationships within the various decision-makers at all levels at each target account.
- Understand each target customer's business model and related organizational structure and identify the customers' unique needs.
- Training and Development: Make joint customer calls with new hires and less tenured Account Executives; provide constructive feedback.
- Provide mentoring for peers in segment and region.
- Facilitate dialog to resolve order issues with the Inside Sales Representative, Account Manager, or Branch Manager as needed.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or the equivalent in experience
- Four to five years of direct selling experience in a Federal high technology customer facing sales environment
- Active Security Clearance
- Solid understanding of technologies and partners that drive our driving Advanced Technology solutions including Cisco, Microsoft, IBM, EMC and HP or their competitive equivalents
- Must have reliable transportation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to all stakeholders
- Demonstrated sales skills with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Strong strategic planning skills.
- Excellent time-management and follow up skills, with critical attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75% or as necessary to other CDW locations, meeting and client sites
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.