The Legal Contracts Negotiator will be the initial point of contact for handling the contract negotiation process, which will include working with internal clients to understand project goals, reviewing contracts, negotiating provisions based on Company’s risk tolerances. This also includes oversight of the contract management process, documenting Company’s contract negotiation guidelines and practices, managing contract template files and handling the document management systems. The Contract Negotiator role will be the primary point of contact for managing the contract negotiation process from origination through hand off to legal counsel.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drafts, edits and negotiates contracts according to departmental contract negotiation guidelines and procedures.
- Addresses contract-related issues as they arise, with appropriate escalation to legal counsel when required.
- Proposes and assists with the development of tools for enhancement of contractual processes and documentation.
- Assure accuracy and integrity of contract formatting and attachments.
- Ensure that contracts are properly entered into document management systems and securely maintained.
- Serve as primary organization contact during contract negotiations.
- Engage relevant stakeholders in negotiation process for legal and business requirements.
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and regularly communicate with all business and Legal Department stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing training and guidance for Legal Department clients.
- Additional duties may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-4 years of business and/or legal experience with a working knowledge of contract principles, including direct experience in the drafting and negotiation of standard contracts, terms and conditions, and other documents and forms.
- Prior experience working in the staffing agency industry and/or with contractor placement firms.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions.
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player with ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels
- Flexibility in daily work schedule required to accommodate requirements of the position
- elf-motivated and self-directed
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including senior management.
- Track record in balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to work with document management systems.
- Paralegal certificate or NCMA certification
- 3 to 4 years of business and/or legal experience with expertise in the drafting and negotiation of various kinds of agreements
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.