Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The Manager – Managed Security Services is accountable for ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality services per the Statements of Work (SOW). The Manager is focused on enabling their team through strong leadership and active coaching to develop skills. The role will be measured on customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, reference-ability, employee engagement, and efficiency gains. The Manager – Managed Security Services will have a solid foundation in managed services and market-leading security technologies so as to be effective in the role.
This position develops operational plans to execute previously developed strategies for a sub-function or business segment. The Manager has specific influence and control over discretionary spending in an area of responsibility, but has no direct budgetary responsibility.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership – 50% job weight
- Coaches the team on established Trusted Advisor techniques and criteria based upon Great Tickets and Great Meetings
- Directs team in operational activities to ensure compliance with departmental goals and objectives
- Scales the business to support long term growth
- Provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring of staff responsible for the delivery of Managed Security Services. Leads employee performance to standards of excellence
- Manages performance, rewards and recognition
- Identifies and proactively retains critical talent through integrations and transitions; manages low performers
- Establishes succession plan for key positions
- Selects and builds a high performing, diverse team that leverages individual capabilities & strengths
- Fosters a high achievement environment where diversity is valued, and people are treated with respect and dignity
- Ensures that employees understand the Sirius vision, as well as supports and reinforces targeted behaviors that contribute to Managed Security Services goals
- Provides focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performance
- Communicates in clear, concise and crisp messages to a variety of audiences that instigate appropriate actions
- Effectively presents in a variety of formal and informal settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement
- Manages time to focus on priorities
Client Engagement – 20% job weight
- Sets strategic direction to establish long term goals for area of responsibility
- Educates their team on client needs and aligns business objectives with coordinated service deliveries
- When appropriate builds client relationships, promoting a trusted advisor status
- Creates and monitors key risk indicators, and implements corrective action plans to mitigate risks
- As appropriate, reviews and approves client reports and presentations, and manages the quality of technical knowledge transfer and analysis to clients on performance status, trends, and metrics
- Builds long-term, superior client relationships and proactively manages client expectations
- Effectively manages client escalations, working collaboratively with leadership and Sales to maintain strong communications
Service Improvement – 20% job weight
- Evolves the Service Delivery model, gaining more efficiency while adding additional value
- Maintains knowledge of products and coaches/mentors employees on how to service strategic clients
- Oversees maintenance of the knowledge base and trains the team to update it and develop intellectual property
- Establishes procedures and recommends changes to policies to MSS Leadership that have a positive impact on the organization(s) and/or services delivery team
- Establishes a collaborative approach to problem solving, ensuring that solutions generated by the team are tested and proven
Professional Development – 10% job weight
- Maintains a strong network and promotes the organization at various meetings, forums, panels, publications, and conferences
- Begins to establish thought leadership in the industry
- Maintains technical certifications and attends training sessions to refine technical skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or 3-year diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or a Technology related field
- At least five (5) years IT service delivery experience, to include:
- Experience managing complex technical escalations
- At least one (1) year experience in running / supporting a managed services team or Security Operations Center
- At least one (1) year of leadership or management experience
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and consultative fashion with clients
- Proven technical knowledge to support the team
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop, and lead a team of professionals
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and show sound business judgment
- Proven written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to distribute work and effectively manage the related workload
- Proven customer service skills, including addressing customer service issues and/or escalations
- Demonstrated knowledge of product/service and industry standards to identify and evaluate client needs and recommend the best solutions
- Demonstrated ability to set standards, targets, and measures for products and services based on knowledge of current market trends
- Proven ability to investigate highly complex and diverse issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and lead clients and team members in a consulting environment
- Proven ability to maintain a large, influential network of contacts with visible industry presence
- Demonstrated ability to achieve a high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engagements
- Two or more certifications in technologies for which Sirius provides Managed Security Services*
Managed Security Services certifications may include, but are not limited to: Check Point: CCSA, CCSE: Cisco; CCNA-Security, CCNP – Security, CCIE – Security; Blue Coat: BCCPA, BCCPE; Palo Alto: ACE, PCNSE; QRadar; SANS GCIA, GCIH, Splunk, LogRhythm, or similar technology certifications
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
This position exists to manage the delivery of technical consulting solutions to customers as part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operation. As such, this role requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis. May be required to be on escalation calls after hours.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.